As a free and open-source tool equipped with tons of advanced features, GOM Player is one of the most favorable video players all over the world, especially in South Korea.
With the simple and clean interface, GOM Player allows you to play all the popular audio, video and Media Player formats, even supports 360-degree VR videos meaning that you are able to not only watch online video from YouTube, but also enjoy interactive videos made by your own using GOM media player.
So what about watching movies and TV shows purchased and rented from iTunes store? If you are familiar with this completely free GOM Player and have tried to add iTunes videos to GOM Player, you will have a basic understanding of DRM technology built-in iTunes digital content, and it prevents users to play iTunes DRM movies on GOM Player directly.
But no worries! We will give an easy yet professional introduction of watching iTunes purchased video files on GOM Player for playback.
Part 1. Detailed Introduction of GOM Player
What is GOM Player
GOM Player (short for Gretech Online Media Player) is a media player originally designed for playing audio and video files on Windows. But now, it is also available in Android and iOS mobile devices. With built-in support for comprehensive file formats, GOM video player also enables you to extract numerous subtitles through GOM's own library and by linking with OpenSubtitles.org. Plus, you are able to customize subtitles by adjusting the placement, size, sync setting, and more according to your special requirements. Rather than simply play video files, GOM Player has more expected features, like A-B repeat, screen capture, speed control of playback, etc. There are a wide range of other features pairing with GOM Player, you can use this media player and discover more advanced features by your own.
Video Formats: AVI, Divx, OGM, MKV, MP4, K3G, IFO, TS, ASF, WMV, WMA, MOV, MPG, VOB, M4V, 3GB, OGG, FlV, and more.
Audio Formats: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WAV, WMA, RMA, ALAC
Subtitle Formats: SMI, SRT, SUB, VTT, DVB, PSB, TXT, SBV, VOBSUB (Built-in subtitle)
Part 2. Easy Solution to Watch iTunes M4V Videos on GOM Player
From GOM compatible formats I listed above, all of us know that GOM Player is compatible with M4V video format. But you will fell confused why you have no rights to access iTunes library on GOM Player, since iTunes movies and TV shows are encoded in M4V format. In fact, from the beginning of the article, we have mentioned the import point that videos purchased and rented from iTunes store, like movies, TV shows and music videos, are protected by FairPlay DRM technology. Hence, iTunes videos are actually DRM M4V digital files. Put it another way, if you'd like to watch iTunes DRM M4V movies on GOM Player, you need to break DRM lock with some third-party iTunes DRM removal solutions, like DRmare M4V Converter. With the help of DRmare M4V removal tool, you can remove DRM protection from iTunes DRM-ed purchases and rentals with zero quality loss so that you can get rid of the restrictions playing iTunes digital files on Apple’s devices and media players only.
DRmare DRM M4V to GOM Converter
Part 3. How to Sync iTunes DRM Movies and TV Episodes to GOM Player with DRmare
Even thought you are a newbie in using iTunes DRM M4V converter, you can convert iTunes protected videos to DRM-free M4V files by doing a few clicks with easy-to-use DRmare M4V Converter. What's more, DRmare Studio provides the trial version for users to test its performance firstly, which allows you to convert five-minute movies. Following are three basic steps to remove DRM limitation from iTunes videos.
- Step 1Import iTunes downloaded videos to DRmare
- If you have a few files to remove DRM protection, you can drag and drop these iTunes DRM videos to the main interface of DRmare software. Or you can use the common way by clicking "Add Files" button at the bottom left of the main screen to choose favorite iTunes files from iTunes library directly.
- Step 2Define the output settings for GOM Player
- Since GOM Player can support M4V videos, you can don't change the output format and keep M4V format as the output setting. By the way, M4V Converter can convert iTunes DRM M4V to almost all popular video and audio formats, like MP4, MOV, AVI, MPEG, AAC, MP3, and more. So you can customize the output format as you want. In this part, you can also set the destination folder, or skip it to keep by default.
- Step 3Remove DRM & convert iTunes M4V to GOM Player
- Once all settings are ready, please press the conversion button. DRmare M4V Converter will start to work as you set before, removing DRM protection and convert DRM-free movies to target folder. When the conversion process finished, you can get these DRM-free iTunes videos on destination folder and clicking "Converted" option is also a simple way to find them. Now, you can select GOM Player as the video player to share the file items and play iTunes M4V videos on GOM Player freely.