Google Clock Spotify Not Working? Solved!
"I had chosen a Spotify song as the alarm in the Google Clock app. However, my alarm only beeps very loud without playing any Spotify song every morning but shows a message 'cannot connect to Spotify'. I had tried to reinstalled the Google Clock app and Spotify app again and again as well as rebooted my phone, but still no success. Is there any idea on fixing the 'Google Clock App Can't Connect to Spotify' "? - Question from Spotify community.
Spotify and Google Clock app had cooperated for years and both Spotify free and premium users can use Spotify in Google Clock app. However, sometimes Google Clock app's users may face the similar issue above or other issue. But please don't worry. In this post, we will walk you through on how to solve the issue of 'Google Clock Spotify Not Working' and show an extra tip to set a Spotify music alarm on Google smart clock app.
Part 1. How to Solve Google Clock Spotify Can't Work
As for the issue of Google Clock app can't connect to Spotify, there are several reasons should be considerate. Here we will list two main reasons for you. Please check below to find the reasons and the solution.
1. Your Spotify app and Google Clock app are not latest version.
2. Your internet connection is not stable enough.
Please update your Spotify app and Google Clock app to the latest version first. Then try to connect with a different internet connection. You could try a WiFi network if you are using 3G/4G data.
If you still have troubles after that, then you could follow the steps below to fix it.
Step 1. Remove Google Clock app on the Apps page on your Spotify app and click REMOVE ACCESS.
Step 2. Uninstall and then reinstall Google Clock app on your phone.
Step 3. Clean uninstall and reinstall Spotify with the detailed steps from this page.
Part 2. Set Spotify Music as Alarm in Google Clock App Directly
As we had fixed the trouble that Google Clock Spotify not working, in this part, we are going to show you how to set Spotify music as alarm in Google Clock app directly. You could check out the tutorial as below.
Step 1. Launch the latest version of Google Clock app on your phone and scroll to the 'Alarm' tab.
Step 2. Tap the arrow below your alarm to expand and edit it. If you want to set up a new alarm, just touch the '+' button.
Step 3. Hit on the 'bell' icon to open the Alarm's sound settings.
Step 4. Choose the 'Spotify' tab and connect to your account.
Step 5. Select a playlist on Spotify to set as your alarm. Or you could search the tracks you like.
After that, you had successfully set a Spotify music alarm on Google Smart Clock. When your alarm goes off, you can see the name of the song at the bottom of your phone's screen. If you stop the alarm, you can tap 'Continue playing' to keep Spotify music playing.
Part 3. How to Use Spotify in Google Clock App Alternatively
In this post, we will introduce an alternative way to you to set Spotify music as alarm in Google Clock app. By using this way, you could avoid the issue of 'Google Clock Spotify Not Working'. How to do that? To do it, you just need to download Spotify to your computer and transfer them to your phone for setting as alarm in Google Clock app.
Here let's meet the tool DRmare Spotify Downloader Mac for both free and premium Spotify users. It supports to convert Spotify music as common files and use on your phone or other devices. With it, you can change the audio formats and audio parameters you want. And it can keep high audio quality and full ID3 tags after converting.
After then, you can transfer the downloaded and converted Spotify music from your computer to your phone and get Google Clock Spotify connected.
DRmare Music Converter for Spotify
- Step 1Import Spotify music to DRmare
- Please set up DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer. Then open it and go to the pop-up Spotify app to find tracks you like to set as alarm in Google Clock app. Then drag the track to DRmare main interface or copy the link of the track and paste it to the search bar of DRmare. And then click '+' button to load Spotify files to DRmare program.
- Step 2Customize output audio format
- You can select one format you like from DRmare program, such as MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, M4B and WAV. Besides, you can define the bit rate, channel and sample rate for Spotify music.
- Step 3Convert Spotify audios
- Press the 'Convert' button, DRmare program will begin to convert Spotify songs automatically. After then, you will get the Spotify music converted and saved on your computer.
- Step 4Use Spotify in Google Clock app
Now let's see how to connect Spotify to Google Clock app on your phone in detailed steps.
1. Transfer converted Spotify music from your computer to your phone via USB cable.
2. Open the Google Clock app on your phone.
3. Click on 'Alarm' and tap the 'down' arrow on the alarm you want.
4. Hit the current sound's name and click 'Add New' to choose the imported Spotify music to set as alarm sound.
With these steps, you can easily set a Spotify music alarm on Google Smart Clock.