How to Transfer Spotify Playlist to Another Account [2020 Updated]
"Can I move Spotify playlist to another account? I have several Spotify accounts. Now I'm tired of switching among different accounts. Is there any workaround?" - Asked from Reddit.
If you are a long time user of Spotify, then you probably have curated plenty of playlists. And definitely you don't want to lose them. So, here comes the question: is there a way to transfer Spotify playlist to another account? Sure. In this post, you will find the solution.
Part 1. Transfer Spotify Playlist to Another Account within Spotify
Actually, it is not difficult to move Spotify playlist to another account. You can just do it within Spotify desktop program and its web player. So, let's see how to transfer Spotify playlist to new account as below.
Step 1. Login your Spotify desktop program with the old account and password.
Step 2. Right-click on your playlists. And then choose "Collaborative Playlist" to make them editable for others.
Step 3. Drag & drop all the playlists to the desktop of your computer.
Step 4. Sign out of the old account and login with your new Spotify account and password.
Step 5. Drag & drop to import the playlists to left side bar one by one. Then you will successfully transfer Spotify playlist to another account for using.
Step 1. Launch the Spotify desktop program or the web player on your computer.
Step 2. Find the playlist you'd like to play from the left side menu and right-click it.
Step 3. Touch on 'Share' > 'Copy Playlist Link'.
Step 4. Sign out your current account and login your new Spotify account.
Step 5. Paste the copied playlist's link to the search bar on Spotify.
Step 6. Press 'Enter' key to begin the search and your playlist will show.
Step 7. Hit on the three-dots and choose 'Save to your library'. Then had learned how to transfer Spotify library to another account. At last, you can enjoy your Spotify music with ease.
Part 2. Move Spotify Playlist to Another Account via Online Tool
If you have hundreds or thousands of playlists, the above way will take you long time. But don't worry. There are many free online playlist converters are available to help. They can export Spotify playlist to text file such as Excel, CSV, JSON. Here, you can try the online playlist converters like SpotMyBackup.
SpotMyBackup is a web app and an online Spotify playlist copier. It can let you export or import playlist to text within a few clicks. You can follow the steps to transfer playlists between Spotify accounts.
Step 1. Visit Spotmybackup website.
Step 2. Login with your old Spotify identification, it will load all the songs and playlists.
Step 3. When all the data are loaded, you can one-click "Export" to export all playlists to a JSON text file.
Step 4. Log out the old account and sign in with your new Spotify account.
Step 5. Click "Import" and then choose the JSON file you have exported to import.
After then, you can easily move Spotify playlist to another account for listening.
Part 3. Download and Transfer Spotify Playlist to New Account
Spotify is great in offering mainstream music. But if you look into your playlists, you may find that they get shorter time from time. That is because some of the songs are not available on Spotify library anymore. So, is there a better way to copy Spotify playlist to another account without losing them in future?
Please don't worry. DRmare Spotify Music Converter is here to help. It supports to back up the online OGG files as local MP3 files. Thus, the music files won't be affected by the update of Spotify cloud music library. And you can import and transfer Spotify playlist to another account after that.
Now please follow the steps on how to transfer Spotify library to another account.
- Step 1Import Spotify playlists
- Launch DRmare Spotify Converter, the Spotify desktop client will be opened directly. Please login your old account to locate the playlists from the left side bar. Then drag & drop them to the DRmare main screen.
- Step 2Set output music parameters
- The default format is set as MP3. It is one of the best formats for backup. If you just want to change it, you can click the top menu. Then choose "Preferences" to open the settings window. You can customize the channel, bit rate, sample rate as well.
- Step 3Save Spotify playlists offline
- At last, select the output folder you like and click "Convert" button. Then all the songs will be downloaded to the local computer quickly. You could click the 'Converted' button to find them.
- Step 4Import and transfer Spotify playlist to new account
1. Sign in Spotify with your new account.
2. Go to Settings > Show songs from.
3. Click "Add A Source" button > Choose the folder of the songs which you have downloaded. And rest assured that you won't encounter the Spotify songs disappear issue any more.
Both are the most popular ways to transfer Spotify playlist to another account. The ways in the first two parts seems more easy and intuitive. But some songs may disappear as time goes time. For using the DRmare Spotify Music Converter, it is more stable. And you can save Spotify tracks offline and keep your playlists safe forever.
If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave your comments below.