"How to use Magic Mirror with Spotify? I learned that Magic Mirror is only allowed Spotify premium to listen to the music on it. However, currently I am just a Spotify free member. Thus, I wonder if there is a way to get music from Spotify to Magic Mirror for listening. Thanks for any advice in advance."
Here in this post, we are going to recommend an easy way for you to listen to Spotify on Magic Mirror no matter you are free or premium Spotify users. Please check the detailed guide as below.
- Part 1. What Is Magic Mirror
- Part 2. How to Get Spotify to Magic Mirror
- Part 3. How to Play Spotify on Magic Mirror
Part 1. What's Magic Mirror
Have you learned about Magic Mirror? If not yet, here we could introduce it to you in details.
Magic Mirror, which is also named as MagicMirror², is an open source software that used to run a smart mirror. And Magic Mirror is a Raspberry Pi powered monitor behind a double sided mirror. Due to the third-party modules people have developed for Magic Mirror, it has become the most popular smart mirror software. And there is a huge community of smart mirror builders supporting it.
What Can You Do with Magic Mirror?
Magic Mirror is modular, which means you could pick and select the features you like to use for your smart mirror.
There are lots of different modules you can install into your smart mirror. You could check as below.
- Weather report: You can see weather forecasts of your local weather.
- Local news: Can see news based on topics you are interested in.
- Alexa: Integrate Amazon's Alexa into your smart mirror and add voice commands.
- Calendar: View your calendar and check upcoming appointments.
Part 2. Play Spotify on Magic Mirror - Tool Needed
In this part, we will show you how to get Spotify music to Magic Mirror with Spotify free and premium account. And then transfer the music to Magic Mirror via the USB stick. To make it, you need to use a third-party tool to help you.
Here let's meet the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It is a tool that can make Spotify music as local files and then you can use the Spotify music on other platforms with ease.
This tool can convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV and other plain audio files. And it can batch convert the Spotify audio files in a fast speed with high quality and with ID3 tags saved.
After the conversion, you can store the Spotify music files to your computer and then transfer the music to USB for playing on Magic Mirror without Spotify premium.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Steps to Download Spotify on Magic Mirror
So how to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to get Spotify to Magic Mirror? Please take it easy. In this part, we will show you detailed steps on how it works. Please check it out.
- Step 1Set up DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Please click on the 'Download' button above to download and install DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer. Once done, please open it. By the way, the Spotify app will be run automatically at the same time.
- Step 2Import Spotify music to DRmare
- Now please choose the songs you like to convert and play on Magic Mirror. Then drag them to the conversion window of DRmare directly. Or you could paste the URL of the songs into the search bar on DRmare program. And you could rename the songs as you like.
- Step 3Set output preference for Mirror Magic
- Here you could customize the audio parameters of Spotify for Magic Mirror. You can change the bit rate, audio format, sample rate and channel as you like. At the bottom of the screen, you could define your favorite folder for the converted Spotify audio files.
- Step 4Convert Spotify music to Magic Mirror
- When finished the settings, it's time to start converting. Just hit on the 'Convert' button and it will start. After the conversion, you could find and check the transferred Spotify music files through the 'Converted' button.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify through Magic Mirror
At last, you could put Spotify on Magic Mirror via the USB stick. You could check the guide below to see how to use Magic Mirror with Spotify.
Step 1. Plug the USB drive to your computer and transfer Spotify music to USB.
Step 2. Search and install MMM-MP3Player on your Magic Mirror.
Step 3. Insert the USB to the Magic Mirror and listen to Spotify on Magic Mirror.
Leave a Comment