How to Use Spotify DJ Mode to DJ at Your Party
When it comes to DJ music, Spotify with EDM playlists is one of the best sources. You can find any type of DJ song on Spotify for a birthday party, wedding party, and any holiday parties.
Spotify has been keeping testing and releasing new features such as the Spotify playlist DJ mode, Spotify party mode, and more. With such features, Spotify will let you DJ like a pro. All song you played will automatically crossfade and mix together without any interruptions.
Do you want to DJ at your party? Now I will offer the top 2 ways on how to DJ with Spotify.
Part 1. How to DJ Spotify with Spotify DJ Mode Directly
Featured the onboard DJ mode in the standard Spotify app, it's easy to DJ with a Spotify playlist. DJ mode on Spotify is available for iOS, Android Spotify app, and desktop client app. It contains many EDM playlists as well as the "Crossfade" option to blend all your songs together. Here I will take the desktop version for example. Please follow the steps.
How to DJ with Spotify
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app and then log in to it with your account and password.
Step 2. You can find the DJ playlist you want or click "File" > "New Playlist" to generate a new playlist. Then you can search and add the DJ songs to it. If you want your friends to add their favorite songs, you can also set it as a collaborative playlist on Spotify.
Step 3. With the Spotify premium, you can DJ songs and play them more smoothly without Wifi. To do that, please toggle the "Available Offline" button to green.
Step 4. Connect your stereo audio system via Bluetooth or a cable. This will help you improve the sound quality and volume significantly.
Step 5. Click the "Edit" menu on Spotify client > Choose "Preferences" > Go to the "Playback" section > Turn on the "Crossfade songs" option and set the length you want. If you are using mobile apps, you can also adjust the Spotify music equalizer. And you can use the "Mood Tuner" of the Spotify party to adjust the atmosphere. It will mix Spotify songs automatically just like a professional human DJ.
Part 2. How to DJ with Spotify via DJ Software for Free
Want to have more controls when DJing songs? You can use professional DJ software as a Spotify DJ controller to help you. And there are many incredible DJ apps on the market, like Pioneer DJ Rekordbox, VirtualDJ Pro, Djay Pro.
So, is there a DJ software that works with Spotify? A few months ago, Spotify works with Djay Pro perfectly. But now, any third-party DJ Software is no longer be compatible with Spotify since July 1, 2020.
Fortunately, almost all DJ software can support uploading local songs for mixing. Just get Spotify local songs offline, and then it's able to use Spotify to DJ in any apps, including free DJ software.
Here, we can meet DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader for Windows. It is specialized in downloading Spotify songs offline locally for free. It depending on the advanced audio copying technology stands out from a list of rival products. It downloads songs from the Spotify cloud library so the quality is retained 100%.
Lossless Quality Music Converter for Spotify
- Support to download all genres of songs, playlists, albums from Spotify
- Keep ID3 tags, metadata and archive converted songs, everything is organized well
- Download Spotify songs as MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC for third-party DJ apps
- Support most Windows/Mac systems including10.13 High Sierra, 10.14, Mojave
With the assistance of this tool, no matter which DJ software you have, you can use it to DJ a party with Spotify. By the way, you can use DJ apps with Spotify offline no need to subscribing to Spotify Premium.
To make Spotify songs available for any DJ software, here is the quick tutorial:
- Step 1Add Spotify EDM playlist to DJ
- Launch DRmare software, then you can start to load EDM playlists for converting. Please drag & drop songs from the Spotify app to the DRmare software. Or you can choose to copy and paste a Spotify playlist to this software.
- Step 2Choose output format for Spotify DJ software
- Select the output format which is compatible with your DJ app. Here I will choose MP3 as various Spotify DJ apps can recognize MP3 files. To do that, please open the setting window by clicking the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlist for DJ apps
- Click "Convert" from the main UI, then all your Spotify songs will be downloaded offline. It takes only a while depending on how many files you convert. You can locate them by clicking the 'Converted' icon.
- Step 4Mix Spotify Playlists in DJ Software
- Now, Spotify files are compatible with all DJ apps. You can launch your DJ software and load downloaded Spotify playlists for DJing. In general, DJ apps come with many other charming features that allow you to mix Spotify files. For example, Vinyl mode, waveforms, mixer, auto mix, mix recorder, configuring an audio device, filters, volume controls, and much more. After that, you can even auto DJ Spotify as you like.
Part 3. Final Thought
There are two great ways to DJ with Spotify playlists at a party. If you are using Spotify Premium, the better way could be using Spotify DJ mode. But if you don't have a subscription, method 2 is only your choice. Besides, it helps you DJ Spotify in all DJ software. You can listen to Spotify songs offline without Premium and remix Spotify audios in the desired way.