GarageBand is a line of digital audio workstations for MacOS and iOS devices, which enables users to create music or podcasts with pre-made MIDI keyboards, pre-made loops, an array of various instrumental effects and voice recordings.
"Can I add music from Tidal to GarageBand for editing?" For Tidal users, you may want to ask such a question and also want to know the answer of it. Unfortunately, even if you downloaded the Tidal audio files with subscription, the Tidal music still can't be added to GarageBand directly as Tidal music are being protected.
But please don't worry. With this issue, in this post, we are going to show you the solution on how to import Tidal music to GarageBand for using. Please refer to the post below and learn how to do.
Part 1. Best Tool to Import Tidal Music to GarageBand
From what we mentioned above, you had known the reason why you can't get Tidal music to GarageBand. Besides, it is well noted that GarageBand supports the audio formats like WAV, MP3, AAC, AIFF, etc. Thus, to use Tidal music on GarageBand successfully, then you need to find a tool to convert and download Tidal music files as plain audio formats and GarageBand supported audio formats.
As for the tool to convert Tidal audios, you will find some online tools when you searched on Google. In order to help you get the best tool, here we would like to recommend DRmare Tidal Music Converter to you.
This smart and professional tool can help rip the encryption from Tidal music files and convert them to MP3, AAC, FLAC and other compatible audio formats of GarageBand. And you can define the other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, etc. according to your needs. Just in several clicks, then you will get the converted Tidal audio tracks and stream them to GarageBand and other devices for using and listening.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter
Part 2. Tutorial to Convert and Download Tidal Music to GarageBand
In this part, we will guide you how to use DRmare Tidal Music Converter to convert music from Tidal. Before we get started, please download and install the DRmare program on your computer and make sure that your Tidal subscription is still valid. Then you could follow the simple steps below to begin the music conversion.
- Step 1Load Tidal audio tracks to DRmare program
- Now hit on the icon of DRmare Tidal Audio Converter on your computer desktop and open the program. Then you will see that Tidal app will be launched at the same time. Please go to Tidal app and find the audio tracks that you want to convert for using on GarageBand. Once found the tracks, then touch on the 'three-dot' > 'Share' at the track and copy the link of it. Next, paste the copied URL of the track to the search box on DRmare main interface and click the '+' button to load the Tidal audios.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output format for GarageBand
- Here you could define the output audio formats and other audio parameters for Tidal audio files. For Windows version, you could click the Menu at the top right and choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to open the setting window. If you are on Mac computer, then please hit on the ‘DRmare Tidal Music Converter for Mac’ from the Apple menu bar and select 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to start to set the output format. In the setting window, you could customize the format, channel, sample rate, bit rate, etc. After that, please click "OK" to keep the settings.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal music to GarageBand
- Finally, just click on the 'Convert' button and DRmare Tidal Music Converter will start to convert and download the Tidal music as local files onto your computer for you. When the conversion completes, then you could hit on the 'Converted' button to locate and check the converted Tidal music files on your computer. After that, you can import Tidal music to GarageBand without any limitation.
Part 3. Transfer Tidal Music to GarageBand on Mac/iOS Devices
As you had got the common Tidal music files with the help of DRmare Tidal Audio Converter, here let's move on the guidance below and see how to get Tidal music on GarageBand on Mac/iOS devices
Step 1. Open GarageBand app on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Hit on the 'media' button at the top right corner of GarageBand main interface. Then you will see the sources of local files on your computer.
Step 3. Touch on the local computer folder option and choose the Tidal music files you want to import to GarageBand for editing.
On iOS Devices
To add Tidal music to GarageBand on iOS devices like iPhone and iPad, you are required to sync the converted Tidal music files to your iTunes library first. Then you can import Tidal to GarageBand from iTunes.
Step 1. Launch iTunes app on your computer and click the 'Menu' bar > 'File' > 'Add Library' to add the converted Tidal music to your iTunes. And please turn on the option of 'iCloud Music Library' by hitting on the 'Edit' > 'Preferences'.
Step 2. Go to GarageBand app on your iPhone or iPad. Click the 'track view' icon to select 'Loop Browser' button in the control bar.
Step 3. Tap 'Music' option to browse the Tidal audios you want to add. Here you could select the Tidal songs you want to edit in GarageBand and confirm to import. Or you could directly drag & drop the audio files to the 'Tracks' view.
Step 4. After that, Tidal music tracks are imported to GarageBand and you could edit them as you like.