How to Download Tidal Music from Tidal Web Player
As commonly known, Tidal music is one of the representatives of the high-quality streaming service. Tidal subscribers generally access the music content in 3 different ways: Tidal mobile app, Tidal desktop program, and Tidal web player. People may not be familiar with the last one, or don't know much about how to listen to Tidal through Tidal music web player.
But don't worry, after finishing reading this article, you will tell apart the difference among Tidal web player, Tidal desktop app, and Tidal mobile client. What's more, you are able to know about how to enjoy and download Tidal music from Tidal web player.
Part 1. Tidal Web Player vs Desktop vs Mobile: What Is the Difference
Here is the most common question about Tidal web player: Is Tidal web player better than Tidal desktop? To answer it as completely as possible, here I will list the main differences among the Tidal web player app, the desktop client, plus the mobile program.
The best sound quality is Tidal MQA (24 bit / 96000Hz), which is also called 'Master' quality or 'Studio' quality. The only way to get Tidal MQA is from the Tidal desktop app. On the Tidal music web player or mobile player, you can only get the Tidal HIFI (16 bit / 44100 Hz) at max.
Speaking of the reason why the way to get Tidal Master is limited, I suppose it is due to RAM. The online streaming takes up the RAM when playing. The higher quality it plays, the larger RAM it takes. The browser and the mobile phone may be unable to load such mass of data simultaneously.
Tidal desktop's quality is the best. Tidal web player's quality is approximately equal to Tidal mobile's quality.
To cater to the mainstream market, there are two kinds of Tidal desktop program: Windows version and macOS version. Also, two types of Tidal mobile app: Android version and iOS version. It seems to lose sight of the users of Linux, Ubuntu, and other minorities.
Thankfully, they still have the Tidal web player, which is available to any browser on any device. In addition, the web player should be the most convenient way to log in to Tidal account and access the music resource. No need to install any app, just use the built-in browser.
Tidal web player's compatibility is the best. Tidal mobile's compatibility is a bit better than Tidal desktop's compatibility.
Now you can realize what is the difference among Tidal web player / desktop / mobile. In the next coming paragraph, you will acquire a simple tip to download Tidal MQA and Tidal HIFI from Tidal web player and desktop player app.
Part 2. How to Download Music from Tidal Web Player / Desktop Player
It is known that Tidal offers music through 2 ways. One is the subscription plan and the other is the download store. The former allows users to listen to Tidal songs online or offline (mobile only). The latter enables users to buy albums directly.
Both of the 2 modes have their virtues and their faults. The subscription is cheaper but can't save songs after it expires. The purchase can keep tracks for collection forever but asks to pay more. Is there a way to make the best of both worlds?
Fortunately, DRmare Tidal Music Converter, can response to this requirement. It is a third-party audio converter that is specially designed for Tidal music. With the help of this powerful tool, you can easily convert Tidal HIFI and Tidal Master to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and other common formats. The converted audio files not only stay 100% original quality but also keeps in your local folder forever.
Here is the simple tutorial on how to download Tidal MQA as the local files.
- Step 1Import Tidal tracks to DRmare
- Install and open DRmare Tidal Music Converter on your computer. If you have installed the Tidal desktop app, it will open automatically. If not, you can open any browser to visit Tidal web player. After logging in your account, please choose your favorite tracks then drag and drop it to DRmare. Or you can copy and paste the link of the track to DRmare's search bar.
- Step 2Change Tidal output settings in DRmare
- Choose the way you need to open the settings page. Here is the way to get to the settings on PC: DRmare's menu icon > 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. And the way to visit the settings on Mac: Mac's menu list > 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. Then you can reset the output configuration, such as format, bit depth, sample rate and etc.
- Step 3Download Tidal MQA and HIFI tracks as local files
- Now hit the 'Convert' button on the main window of DRmare to start downloading. When the job is accomplished, you can click the 'Converted' button to open the list. If you would like to locate the local folder that saves the songs, just tap one of the songs > click the magnifier icon to open the local folder.