Q: "I have subscribed to Apple Music for a long time. But recently I tried Spotify and really like its free service. I decided to cancel Apple Music, but I have a lot of great playlists that I don't want to lose. So, I wonder if there is a way to transfer Apple Music to Spotify?"
There is no transfer option on the Apple Music app, so you need to seek help from a third-party tool. To bring you more convenience, here we have found four best methods to help you convert Apple Music playlist to Spotify. They include free tools, paid tools, online tools or applications. Choose your preferred method, then listen to your favorite Apple Music playlists on Spotify.
Way 1. How to Transfer Apple Music to Spotify by DRmare Audio Converter
When it comes to migrating Apple Music, DRmare Apple Music to Spotify Converter is the best option you can choose. It enables you to download and convert Apple Music, iTunes songs and Audible books to MP3, FLAC or other common formats. After the conversion, you can easily convert Apple Music playlist to Spotify. You can also move Apple Music songs to other platforms or devices for offline listening.
DRmare Apple Music Converter supports batch processing of all added Apple Music songs and runs at super-fast 30X speed. Hence, it is superior to any other transfer tool. Plus, whatever your Apple Music songs are, it lets you transfer them to Spotify. This is something other tools cannot do. Even better, it maintains lossless sound quality and ID3 tags and you can enjoy Apple Music anywhere even without a subscription.
Why Choose DRmare Audio Converter
Now you can follow these steps to convert Apple Music songs to Spotify-supported files and then move them to Spotify. Before that, please install DRmare Audio Converter's free trial via the 'Download' button above.
- Step 1Load Apple Music files
- Please download your Apple Music playlists to iTunes first. After that, you can open DRmare Audio Converter and click the "Add Files" button to browse and import the Apple Music songs/playlist. In case the files don't show on iTunes, go to the "Preferences" window of iTunes. And then enable the option "share iTunes library XML with other applications". Alternatively, you can directly drag and drop files to add music.
- Step 2Customize Apple Music output settings
- The formats for local music files supported by Spotify are limited, including MP3, WAV, and FLAC. In this case, MP3 is highly recommended. Just click the "Format" option and you will see the popup window. Please select the format as well as customize the codec, channel, sample rate, bit rate and so on. Then click on "OK".
- Step 3Start converting Apple Music
- After that, you can click "Convert" to start converting. It will convert all the Apple Music songs automatically with up to 30X faster speed. After conversion, you can click on the "History" list at the bottom-right corner to view and listen to Apple Music. You can also head to your computer's "Output" folder to find them.
- Step 4Transfer Apple Music to Spotify
- Open the Spotify app on your computer and click on the "drop-down" icon next to your profile. Then select "Edit" > "Preferences" and you can see all the settings. Scroll down to "Local Files" and turn on "Show Local Files". Then click on the "Add a Source" button to browse and select your converted Apple Music files. Then click on "OK" and your Apple Music will be imported to Spotify. (See also: How to Upload Music to Spotify)
Way 2. How to Convert Apple Music Playlist to Spotify Free by SongShift
If you are looking for an iOS application to transfer Apple Music to Spotify, then SongShift is a good option. It is free to install and use. You can find it on your iPhone's App Store. It supports transferring from a wide range of streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, YouTube Music, and so on. However, it limits how much you can transfer. And you need to pay $4.99 monthly or $19.99 annually to unlock the limitation.
Note: SongShift just matches your Apple Music songs on Spotify, not moves them.
Step 1. Download and install SongShift on your iOS device.
Step 2. Launch SongShift and then tap on 'Setup Source' > 'Connect Music Services'. Then tap on the 'Connect' button next to Apple Music and enter your Apple Music account information.
Step 3. Once connected to Apple Music, you can see all your Apple Music playlists. Select the playlists you want to sync to SongShift. Then you will be notified to set up the destination. Tap on 'Setup Destination' and select 'Spotify' to log in to your Spotify account.
Step 4. Finally, tap on 'Finished' to copy Apple Music playlist to Spotify.
Way 3. How to Transfer Music from Apple Music to Spotify Free by FreeYourMusic
FreeYourMusic is available on all devices including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux. It supports transfer between more than 20 platforms such as Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, Amazon Music, etc. Just install its app and log into your Apple Music and Spotify accounts, and you can easily transfer your songs, playlists and albums. It has two versions, free and paid. With the free version, you can move one playlist per session. With the premium version, you get unlimited transfers per session.
Note: FreeYourMusic just matches your Apple Music songs on Spotify, not moves them.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch FreeYourMusic on your device.
Step 2. Select the 'Transfer' tab and then choose Apple Music as the source platform, Spotify as the destination. Then connect FreeYourMusic with the accounts.
Step 3. Choose the playlists you want to move and then click 'Begin Transfer' and it will import Apple Music to Spotify.
Way 4. How to Import Apple Music Playlist to Spotify Free by Soundiiz
Different from the above's transfer tools, Soundiiz is an online website that enables you to import playlists between different streaming music platforms. It supports 44 music services and you don't need to install any application. Although it enables you to transfer Apple Music to Spotify free, it only lets you transfer playlists one by one. To get multiple transfers, you need to pay for its premium service.
Note: Soundiiz just matches your Apple Music songs on Spotify, not moves them.
Step 1. Visit Soundiiz's official website and click on 'Get started now' at the top right.
Step 2. Connect to your Apple Music and Spotify accounts by enterring your accounts and passwords.
Step 3. Choose the playlists you want to transfer and then confirm your selection to move from Apple Music to Spotify.
Comparison of the Four Ways to Transfer Apple Music to Spotify
|DRmare Apple Music Converter||SongShift||FreeYourMusic||Soundiiz|
|Price||Free trial; $14.95/month; $29.95/quarter; $69.95/lifetime||Free; $4.9/month||Free; $4.17/month||Free; $4.5/month|
|Support Input||Apple Music, iTunes, Audible, other popular audio files||10+ streaming music platforms||20+ streaming music platforms||44 streaming music platforms|
|Batch Transfer||✔||only for premium||only for premium||only for premium|
|Add-on Features||convert Apple Music to MP3 and other formats, play Apple Music anywhere and anytime||detect and remove duplicate content||backup your playlists in the cloud||❌|
If you are looking for how to transfer Apple Music to Spotify, the above four methods can help you. With DRmare Apple Music Converter, you can convert Apple Music to FLAC or other formats and move them to any platform or device for playback. As for the other three tools, they don't actually move your Apple Music playlists to Spotify, they match your playlists. Therefore, you may find that some songs are missing from your playlist because they cannot be found on Spotify.