Burning classical and eye-catching videos into DVD could still be one of the most popular behaviors for movie lovers. By doing this, it's easy to watch movies on your big-screen smart TV via plugging in the DVD to DVD players only.
But, it could be a little difficult to burn iTunes purchases and rentals to DVD because of DRM copyright protection. If your videos burned into DVD are purchased or rented from iTunes Store, the best way is to convert iTunes M4V to VOB, the container format for DVD-Video files.
In this article, we will give a detailed introduction on how to convert iTunes DRM M4V movies to VOB with DRmare M4V to VOB Converter and a free file converter.
Part 1. How to Convert iTunes M4V to VOB via DRmare M4V to VOB Converter
The first tool we use to convert iTunes M4V to VOB is the DRmare M4V Converter. As one of the brilliant video converters for iTunes, it's able to remove DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows and convert iTunes M4V to VOB, MKV, MP4, AVI and other common video formats with lossless original video files kept.
There are two highlight features of DRmare M4V to VOB Converter. One is that it can preserve 5.1 Dolby audio, all subtitles, etc. The other is that it allows users to edit iTunes M4V videos, including trimming, adding watermark, adding extra subtitles, and other effects as you like.
It's very easy to operate this professional tool to convert M4V videos to VOB, the movie data file including video, subtitles, audio, DVD menus. After that, you can easily burn iTunes VOB files to DVD. Let's see how to make it possible step by step.
DRmare iTunes M4V to VOB Converter
- Step 1Import iTunes M4V videos to DRmare M4V Converter
- Please download iTunes movies and TV shows you purchased or rented on your computer before adding them to DRmare M4V Converter. And then you can directly drag and drop them to the conversion window of this M4V to VOB converter. Alternatively, you can hit on the '+' button to select movies that you'd like to convert to VOB from the iTunes library and load them to the main interface.
- Step 2Choose VOB as the output format
- There is a 'Format' icon next to the 'Convert' button you can press to open the setting window, in which you can choose VOB as the output format. There is a 'gear' icon for you to customize output video parameters. You can also click the 'edit' icon of each movie to add effects according to your needs (This way is optional.)
- Step 3Convert M4V to VOB for DVD
- To start the M4V to VOB conversion speed, please simply press the 'Convert' button. DRmare M4V Converter will convert protected iTunes M4V to VOB files at 30X faster speed. Once the conversion process finishes, you can locate all unprotected VOB videos on your computer by clicking the 'history' icon.
Part 2. How to Convert iTunes M4V to VOB via the Free File Converter
Aside from the above way to convert iTunes M4V to VOB, there is an alternative method to make it available. It's to use an online and free tool, called FreeFileConvert to convert M4V files to VOB with ease. The following part is the detailed tutorial to get VOB files.
Step 1. Input files. Select the iTunes M4V files from your computer to this tool by clicking the 'Choose Files' option.
Step 2. Set Output Format. Please tap the 'Convert files to' button to set VOB as the target output format from the drop-down list.
Step 3. Convert M4V to VOB. Just press the 'Convert' button, it will start to convert iTunes videos to VOB.
No matter which way you choose to convert iTunes M4V to VOB files, there is no problem in burning iTunes VOB movies to DVD via a free DVD burner. There is a detailed guide for your reference to avoid unnecessary trouble: How to Burn iTunes Movies to DVD.