How to Convert iTunes M4V to DV for Using
"Recently I met the issue that I can't use and edit iTunes M4V videos in my video editor. But I can edit my DV videos without any problems. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? Thus, here I wonder if there is any way that can get iTunes M4V workable on the video editor? Thanks for your help in advance."
With this issue, in this post, we will show why you can't use iTunes movies on your video editor as well as introduce the best way for you to convert iTunes M4V to DV format.
Part 1. Why and How to Convert M4V to DV Format
Why Need to Convert iTunes M4V Movie to DV
As we all know, iTunes M4V movies are with DRM protection. That is to say, users can't use iTunes M4V files on any other devices or platforms but iTunes authorized devices. However, DV is a format to store digital videos, which is used by some home and professional camcorders and doesn't have the issue like iTunes video files.
Besides, with the intraframe compression features, DV files ensure simplify editing and lots of editing program are highly compatible with DV videos. As a result, converting iTunes M4V to DV format is a nice choice.
Tool for Converting iTunes M4V Movie to DV
So how to convert M4V to DV format? Here let's meet the DRmare M4V Converter.
It is a professional program that can rip DRM from iTunes movies as common video files. With it, you can convert iTunes protected videos to DV and other plain video formats with original quality. And you can set the other video parameters for your iTunes videos to meet the requirements of your desired devices.
What's more, it allows you to edit the iTunes video files. You can add watermark, add subtitle, add effects, etc. as you want. After then, you can convert and save the iTunes M4V movies to your computer as well as transfer them to other devices for using.
DRmare iTunes M4V to DV Converter
Part 2. Steps to Convert M4V to DV via DRmare M4V Converter
DRmare offers the free trial version for users, you can install it and give it a try on your computer. Once installed, you can follow the steps below to see how to convert M4V to DV format for using.
Note: Please make sure that you had downloaded iTunes movies and the movies can be played well in iTunes in advance.
- Step 1 Add DRM M4V movies to DRmare
- Please set up DRmare M4V Converter on your computer. When you open it, the iTunes program will launch at the same time. Hit on the 'Add Files' button at the bottom left side to choose downloaded iTunes movies. Or you can drag the iTunes video files directly to DRmare program. Then your iTunes movies will be loaded to DRmare main interface.
- Step 2Define M4V as DV format
- Here you can go to set the output format as DV for iTunes M4V videos. Please hit on the 'format' icon and you can start to define the format. Touch on 'General Video' and scroll down to choose DV as the target output format. And you can click the 'gear' icon to set the video parameters.
- Step 3Convert DRM iTunes M4V to DV
- Hit on the big 'Convert' button from the bottom right side. DRmare M4V to DV Converter will remove the DRM from iTunes movies and convert them to DV format. Once done, you can get the converted iTunes movies as DV format on your computer. Then you can use them in your video editing software or other devices directly.
Part 3. More about DV File Format
A DV file is a file that created by a digital camera and saved by using a standard raw format. A Digital Video file uses lossy compression of video and the video is compressed frame by frame, but Audio is stored uncompressed. Though DV file was meant for tape recording, it can also save data on hard disc drives and optical discs.
DV Files Supported Programs:
On Windows: File Viewer Plus, Apple QuickTime Player, Adobe Flash Professional CC, CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Ultra, Microsoft Windows Movie Maker, VideoLAN VLC media player, MPlayer, CyberLink PowerDVD 16, etc.
On Mac: Apple QuickTime Player, Apple iMovie 10, Adobe Flash Professional CC, Eltima Elmedia Player, Roxio Popcorn, etc.
On Linux: VideoLAN VLC media player, MPlayer