Listen to Audible Audiobooks on Chromebook? Solved!
Q: "How to listen to Audible Audiobooks on Chromebook? I just bought a Chromebook for surfing the Internet, playing music and movies. So I want to know the way to access Audible audiobooks on Chromebook."
Actually, there are two effective methods to gain Audible audiobooks from Chromebook. Chromebook is well-designed for media files playing and learning. It enjoys high popularity among users for its fashional design and low price. Now let's figure out how to get Audible audiobooks on Chromebook.
Part 1. Play Audible Audiobooks on Chromebook - Official Way
Previously, it's not allowed to install apps on Chromebook. Now the Chrome OS has been redesigned to have apps installed from Google Play store. Chromebooks like HP Chromebook 14 CB3 and Samsung Series 5 Chromebook can support Android apps.
For these Chromebooks, there is an official way for you to get Audible audiobooks on them. Here is the guide for you.
1. Click the 'account' image > 'Settings' on Chromebook.
2. Turn on the 'Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook' option to activate the Google Play Store.
3. Log into your Google Play account to accept the agreements.
4. Type the 'Audiobook for Android' in the search box to get the Audible app. Then download it on your Chromebook.
5. Sign in the Amazon account on the Audible Manager and download Audible books on it. Now you can download and play Audible audiobooks on Chromebook offline anytime.
Part 2. Listen to Audible Audiobooks on Chromebook - Better Way
As you know, Audible audiobooks are formed in a protected format - AA and AAX. That means that you are not allowed to play them without the Audible app. What's more, some Chromebooks besides the ones above are not compatible with the Audible app. Hence, in order to get Audible books downloads on Chromebook as you want, you might as well convert the audiobooks' format. You are advised to change the previous format into common ones.
DRmare Audio Converter is powerful to convert AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. With the help of the DRmare software, you are able to stream Audible audiobooks to your Chromebooks for playback. In fact, you own the audiobooks. The DRmare Audio Converter gives you back lossless audio files while running at 30X faster speed. In addition, you can edit the ID3 tags of the files and spilt the audiobooks into small segments.
DRmare Audio Converter for Chromebooks
- Convert Audible audiobooks to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A and M4B files.
- Download Audible audiobooks losslessly for Chromebooks.
- Play Audible audiobooks offline on Chromebooks and split files to small segments.
- Work at up to 30X faster speed without any hassles, cutomize output parameters.
Before you convert the format of the Audible audiobooks, you should prepare the tools as below.
1. Your Chromebook laptop.
2. The iTunes app installed on your laptop.
3. The USB flash drive.
4. The downloaded DRmare Audio Converter.
Follow the tutorial below to download Audible audiobooks.
- Step 1Upload Audible Audiobooks to DRmare Program
- Authorize Audible account in the iTunes Store. Install and open the DRmare Audio Converter. Hit the 'Add Files' button on the bottom to add the audiobooks to the DRmare interface. Reach the iTunes app. Drag the Audible audiobooks to the conversion window.
- Step 2Set Output Format of Audiobooks for Chromebook
- Tap on the icon 'audio' to make settings of parameters. Select the output format from the six ones. Choose the channel, codec, bit rate and sample rate. Hit the 'Converted' button, you can reset the output folder.
- Step 3Start to Convert Audible Audiobooks
- Press on the big 'Convert' icon. The conversion will begin. It will not take a long time to get free audiobooks for Chromebooks. But you should know that if you use a free version of the DRmare Audio Converter, you can only get a one-third converted file. You can buy the DRmare tool to unlock the limitation. Besides, the DRmare Audio Converter is only for personal use but not for business.
- Step 4 Put Audiobooks on A Chromebook
- Now please copy the converted Audible audiobooks and paste them to the USB drive. Plug the USB drive into the USB port of the Chromebook. When you sync the audiobooks to the Chromebook, please hit the 'Files' option to find a player to play downloaded audiobooks on Chromebook.
Part 3. To Sum Up
As you can see from the above, you have the two ways to listen to Audible audiobooks on Chromebook. It's easy to listen to audiobooks on Chromebooks with the two apps. While it can be learned that the DRmare Audio Converter enables you to get Audible audiobooks on all Chromebooks. In this regard, you can freely save the audiobooks on your Chromebooks for playback offline whenever you want.