How to Listen to Audible on Chromebook
"Does Audible work on Chromebook?" Sure. Chromebook is well-designed for media files playing and learning. It enjoys high popularity among users for its fashionable design and low price. Besides, all the Chromebooks released since late 2017 allow you to install all Android apps from the Google Play Store. That means you can get Audible app for Chromebooks for listening to Audible audiobooks on Chromebook. Moreover, Audible provides the Audible Cloud Player. So, you can get Audible Chromebook to work online via a browser.
In this post, we will show you how to get Audible for Chromebook via the two ways above. Also, we will introduce one more solution for you to play audiobooks from Audible on Chromebook. Here, let's read more details.
Part 1. What Kind of File Format that Chromebook Supports?
Do you know what kind of file format that Chromebook supports? If not, don't worry. Here you will learn about it.
Chromebook is a laptop running Chrome OS operating system. For Chromebooks, not all third-party programs can be installed on them. Yet, the Chromebooks made since late 2017 supports Android apps from Google Play Store.
As for the supported file format on Chromebook, you could check below.
- Media Files: .mkv, .m4v, .m4a, .ogv, .3gp, .avi, .mov, .ogg, .wav, .oga, .mp4, .mp3, .ogm, .webm
- Microsoft Office Files: .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx, .ppt (read-only), .pptx (read-only)
- Images: .jpg, .webp, .bmp, .png, .gif, .jpeg
- Compressed Files: .zip, .rar
- Other Files: .txt, .pdf (read-only; you can't edit these files)
Part 2. Listen to Audiobooks from Audible on Chromebook via DRmare Audible Converter
From Part 1, we know that what type of file formats that Chromebook supports. Besides, we know Audible audiobooks are formed in AA/AAX protected format. That means that you are not allowed to play them on Chromebooks. What's more, some Chromebooks are not compatible with the Audible app. Hence, to get Audible on Chromebook as you want, you might convert the audiobooks' format.
DRmare Audio Converter is a powerful tool to convert Audible audio format. It supports to convert AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. With DRmare software, you can stream Audible audiobooks on Chromebook. In fact, you own the audiobooks.
The DRmare Audio Converter gives you back lossless audio files while running at 30X faster speed. In addition, you can edit the ID3 tags of the files and split the audiobooks into small segments. You can also edit the output audio bit rate and more for your audio files. Besides, it can help convert Apple Music, iTunes music and other plain audio files. Then you can save the audio files to your devices for use offline.
DRmare Audio Converter for Chromebook
How to Convert Audiobooks from Audible for Chromebook
Before you convert the format of the Audible audiobooks, you should prepare the tools as below.
- Your Chromebook laptop
- The iTunes app installed on your laptop
- The USB flash drive
- The installed DRmare Audio Converter
After that, then please follow the tutorial below to download Audible audiobooks for Chromebook.
- Step 1Upload Audible audiobooks to DRmare program
- First, authorize Audible account in the iTunes Store. Then install and open the DRmare Audio Converter. Hit the 'Add Files' button on the bottom to add the audiobooks to the DRmare interface. Reach the iTunes app. Choose and add the Audible audiobooks to the conversion window.
- Step 2Set output format of Audible for Chromebook
- Tap on the icon 'audio' to make settings of parameters. You can select the output format from the six ones. You can choose to convert Audible to MP3 for use on Chromebook. Then choose the channel, codec, bit rate and sample rate. After that, hit the icon 'folder', you can reset the output folder.
- Step 3Start to convert Audible for Chromebook
- Press on the big 'Convert' icon. The conversion will begin. It will not take a long time to get free audiobooks for Chromebooks. But you should know that if you use a free version of the DRmare Audio Converter, you can only get a one-third converted file. You can buy the DRmare tool to unlock the limitation. Besides, the DRmare Audio Converter is only for personal use but not for business.
- Step 4 Play Audible on Chromebook
- Now please copy and paste the converted Audible audiobooks to the USB drive. Plug the USB drive into the USB port of the Chromebook. When you sync the audiobooks to Chromebook, please hit the 'Files' option. Then find a player to play downloaded audiobooks from Audible on Chromebook.
Part 3. Play Audible Audiobooks on Chromebook via Audible App
Previously, it's not allowed to install apps on Chromebook. Now the Chrome OS has been redesigned to have apps installed from Google Play Store. For these Chrome OS, there is an official way for you to get Audible on Chromebook. Here is the guide for you.
Step 1. Please ensure that your Chrome OS version is the latest version. Then click the 'account' image > 'Settings' on Chromebook.
Step 2. Turn on the 'Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook' option to activate the Google Play Store.
Step 3. Log into your Google Play account to accept the agreements.
Step 4. Type the 'Audiobook for Android' in the search box to get the Audible app Chromebook. Then download it on your Chromebook.
Step 5. Sign in to the Amazon account on the Audible Manager and download Audible books on it. Now you can download and play Audible on Chromebook offline anytime.
Part 4. Get Audible on Chromebook with Audible Cloud Player
To get Audible Chromebook to work, here is an easy way. That is to do that via a web browser. Audible has launched the Audible Cloud Player or Audible Web Player for users who don't install the Audible app on computer. You can go to audible.com to listen to Audible books on a browser. Here let's check how to play Audible on Chromebook by Audible Cloud Player.
Step 1. Go to the Audible website on your computer. Then log in to your Audible account.
Step 2. Hit on the 'Library' button.
Step 3. Find the books you want to stream. Then touch on the 'Play' button to play Audible audiobooks on Chromebook.
Part 5. To Sum Up
From above, you have the three ways to listen to Audible on Chromebook. It's easy to listen to audiobooks on Chromebooks with these tips. While it can be learned that the DRmare Audio Converter enables you to get Audible audiobooks on all Chromebooks. In this regard, you can freely save the audiobooks on your Chromebooks for playback offline whenever you want. Besides, you can convert Apple Music and any audio files with this powerful tool.