"How to convert Audible audiobooks to FLAC?" FLAC audio format has higher audio quality than MP3. So, people who cares about audio quality would like to get Audible books to FLAC for listening. Besides, FLAC can be supported by a wide range of media player.
However, for Audible audiobooks, they are in AA or AAX audio format. That is to say, you need to find a tool to convert Audible AA/AAX to FLAC. Besides, Audible books are protected which can't be played on other devices, so this tool needs to be able to rip the protection from Audible books. But which tool can do that?
No worry. In this post, you will get the tool to help you convert Audible to FLAC. Then you can easily get Audible audiobooks as FLAC audio format for use on the device you want. Just let's find out how to do as below.
- Part 1. Convert AA/AAX to FLAC Best Tool
- Part 2. Convert Audible to FLAC - Detailed Steps
- Part 3. More about AAX vs FLAC
- Part 4. The Verdict
Part 1. Convert Audible to FLAC via DRmare Audio Converter
As we mentioned above, Audible audiobooks are under protection. So, to convert Audible AAX/AA to FLAC, a professional tool is needed. Here let's meet the DRmare Audio Converter. It is the perfect tool for you to get Audible audiobooks as plain audio files.
DRmare Audio Converter is a powerful audio converting tool. It can remove protection from Audible audiobooks. And it can convert Audible to FLAC, MP3, AAC, and more plain audio formats. Also, it can convert Apple Music, iTunes songs and other common audio tracks with ease. This tool can also keep all ID3 tags of the audio files so that you can easily manage your audio files.
By using DRmare Audio Converter, you can define the audio parameters as you want. To enhance audio quality, you can reset the audio channel, bit rate, sample rate and more before converting. Moreover, this tool allows you to edit and trim the converted audio tracks. You can cut any unwanted tracks you like.
In addition, you don't need to take long time to convert Audible files to FLAC as DRmare Audio Converter can work at a rapid speed. It can preserve original audio quality during the process. Then you will get Audible audiobooks with better listening experience on your device.
DRmare Audible to FLAC Converter
- Rip protection from Audible audiobooks
- Convert Audible AA/AAX to FLAC and other plain formats
- Retain and edit ID3 tags as you want after converting
- Fast conversion speed with original quality kept
Part 2. How to Convert Audible to FLAC - Detailed Guide
In this section, let's move on how to use DRmare Audio Converter. Here we will guide you how to convert Audible to FLAC by this smart tool in detailed steps. Before that, please make sure that you had downloaded Audible audiobooks on your computer. And you need to authorize your computer to play iTunes. After that, then we can go ahead by following the steps below.
- Step 1Download and open DRmare Audio Converter
- Now, please download the DRmare Audio Converter onto your computer. You can download it via the 'Download' button in the last part. Or, you can go to the webpage of DRmare Audio Converter, then hit the 'download' button to make it. Then install the program on your computer. Once done, open it and you will get its main interface.
- Step 2Import Audible books files to DRmare Audio Converter
- To convert Audible AA/AAX to FLAC, you need to load the downloaded Audible audiobooks to DRmare program. Please click on the 'add files' button from the bottom left corner on DRmare program. Then it will guide you to the place to get your Audible audiobooks. You can choose the Audible files that you want to convert to FLAC and load it to DRmare.
- Step 3Edit audio parameters for Audible to FLAC
- Here comes to the settings of Audible to FLAC. Please touch on the 'audio' button on the bottom right of DRmare. Then a setting window will show. You can choose the audio format among MP3, FLAC, M4A and so on. Here we need to choose FLAC for Audible audiobooks. At the same time, you can adjust the sample rate, bit rate, channel and more. Then click 'OK' to complete the settings.
- Step 4Convert Audible to FLAC
- At last, you can start to convert Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to FLAC. You can see the conversion process. Once done, just check the audio files via the 'converted' button. It will show you all the converted Audible to FLAC audio files. And you can locate Audible audiobooks on your computer by hitting the 'search' icon. After that, you can move Audible FLAC files to the device or platform you want for playing offline.
Part 3. More about FLAC vs AAX
FLAC is the short for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It is a free and lossless audio format. It can offer higher sound quality than MP3. Audio files compressed using the FLAC audio format can be reduced in 50% to 70% in size. And FLAC can be used on most popular programs and devices.
AAX is the file format for Audiobook, which is an encrypted M4B file with high quality. AAX files is an archive format. They include images and a timeline and display them to the listener at the appropriate time. The files with .aax extension are the audiobooks created by Audible. The AAX files can be regarded as enhanced version of AA files. So, you can only enjoy Audible audiobooks within Audible app.
Part 4. The Verdict
From this post, we had learned how to convert Audible to FLAC via DRmare Audio Converter. And we got more about AAX and FLAC audio format. By the way, with DRmare Audio Converter, you can convert Audible audiobooks to FLAC, M4A, and more with original quality. And you can customize the audio quality of Audible books. Also, you can use this tool to convert iTunes songs, Apple Music and other audio tracks without any problem. Then you can listen to the audio files you like offline on any device.
Leave a Comment