How to Play Audible Audiobooks on Apple TV
"Can I listen to Audible audiobooks on my Apple TV 4K? I have been trying all day long but still have no idea how. Anyone has successfully done this yet?"
Apple TV is is one of the best digital media player similar to the Google Chromecast, Fire TV and Roku. It enables users to stream videos, music, audiobooks, podcasts from iTunes Store, Netflix, DirectTV, Vevo and much more. The shortcoming is that it doesn't come with an Audible app to play audiobooks directly. Luckily, there are other ways around here to stream Audible books to Apple TV via AirPlay or iTunes Home Sharing and so on.
View also: Watch Apple Music Videos on Apple TV
Part 1. How to AirPlay Audible Audiobooks from Other iOS Devices
AirPlay lets you stream content from one Apple device to another wirelessly. There are many AirPlay enabled devices such as iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), iPod Touch, or other iDevices running iOS 4.2 above. If you have such a device, you can stream video and audio contents to the Apple TV 2/3/4/4K.
1. Launch the Audible app and use it to start to play an Audible AA/AAX files on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad.
2. Make sure your iDevice and Apple TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Note: It is recommended to have a solid Wi-Fi connection since AirPlay is completely dependent on Wi-Fi.
3. On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
4. In Control Center, find the "AirPlay" icon. And then choose the destination device as "Apple TV" which you want.
5. After that, the audiobook you are playing will be mirrored to the Apple TV. You can adjust the playback volume.
View also: How to Play Audiobooks on iPhone
Part 2. Best Way to Remove DRM to Stream Audible Audiobook from iTunes
The AirPlay works perfectly on Mac computers and the iOS mobile devices as they have the built-in support for AirPlay. Generally, you can stream any contents even the DRM protected media files from any apps to other Apple devices. But what if you have other devices such as Windows systems or Android phones? Can you still stream Audible audibooks to Apple TV?
The answer is "Yes". Just get rid of the copyright DRM protection of the Audible files. You will be able to import them to iTunes library or upload them to iCloud music library before streaming. All you need is a DRM removal tool to help. DRmare DRM Audible Audiobook Converter for Windows/Macprovides a one-stop solution. It can remove DRM, split audiobooks and convert them to new formats of files for any streaming devices. Besides it has a lot of hidden features you might haven't found out.
View also: Best Audible Converters of 2018
DRmare DRM Audiobook Converter
- Convert Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, M4B
- Keep all the ID 3 tag info, achieve the output files by album/artists
- Run at a 30X speed which is faster than any other rivals in the market
- It supports Audible audiobooks, iTunes podcasts, Apple Music, iTunes songs
DRmare software is optimized on user experience. You don't have to be an experienced user to operate the software. Even if you are the first time to use it, you will still find the interface is so intuitive. The software supports both Windows and Mac computers. You can download and install it and follow the screen wizard to try it out for free.
- Step 1Import Audible AA/AAX books
- If you are on a Mac, you can simply click 'Add Files' button from the bottom left to load Audible audiobooks from iTunes. On a Windows PC, you can check the download folder from the Audible Download Manager. Find the AA/AAX files and drag them to the DRmare software screen.
- Step 2Customize the output settings
DRmare offers fairly enough settings for you to customize your Audible audiobooks. Such as change the bit rate, sample rate, format and split audiobooks by chapters. Normally you can keep the default settings to stream to your Apple TV via the iTunes Home Sharing.
But if you have some special need such as upload the converted files to iCloud Music Library, you'd better tweak the setting. The songs which are larger than than 200MB or the ones have a lower than 128Kbps bit rate will not be eligible for iCloud Music Library.
- Step 3Convert audiobook promptly
- At last, you can click 'Convert' icon from the bottom right of the DRmare Audible Converter screen to encode all files in batch. With the parallel converting acceleration technology, you will be surprised how fast it runs. What is worth to mention is that the output quality is 100% kept.
Part 3. Listen to Audible Books on Apple TV from iTunes to Apple TV
Now you are almost done. Please follow the tips to set up the iTunes Home Sharing and stream the Audible audiobooks to Apple TV 2/3/4/4k.
Set Up iTunes Home Sharing
Step 1. Launch iTunes > Click 'File' menu > Choose 'Turn On Home Sharing' > It might prompt you to input the Apple ID and password.
Step 2. Click 'Edit' menu on a PC or 'iTunes' menu on a Mac > Select 'Preferences' > Go to 'Sharing' tab > Select the files you want to share. In this way, you will be able to sync iTunes library to the Apple TV.
Stream Audible Audiobook from Your Computer
It is easy use iTunes Home Sharing from Apple TV. Just log in it and click 'Computers'. Then you can select the library and media file you want to start to streaming. Here I'd like to choose 'Audiobooks'.