Nowadays, TV manufactures are aspired to set Chromecast stick on their excellent TV in order to let TV users to access to audio and video content from various services. With Chromecast built-in, these Chromecast TVs enable you to stream thousands of digital files from online channels directly, such as YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video and Netflix. Plus, you are able to cast almost everything to your TV from your phone, tablet, PC and other devices. How about casting iTunes movies and TV shows to TV via Chromecast feature? Obviously, the answer will be disappointed to everyone.
There is no iTunes app on Chromecast TV and iTunes store is not compatible with Chromecast media streaming box. Because of these reasons, Chromecast smart TV can't support iTunes videos directly. What will you do? Just give up watching iTunes 4K resolution movies on Chromecast TV and let this hassle keep away from your digital life? Not really! Actually, there is an effective and professional solution to make iTunes movies and episodes playable on Chromecast TV in the following article.
Part 1. Exclusive Way to Play iTunes DRM M4V Videos on Chromecast TV
Although Apple allows iTunes users to watch iTunes digital files at up to five devices with iTunes-linked Apple ID, these authorized devices are limited to Apple ecosystem, like iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch due to FairPlay DRM protection. Therefore, apart from Chromecast TV, other smart TVs like Roku TV also don't support playing iTunes purchased and rented movies directly. With the purpose of playing iTunes DRM videos on Chromecast TV, the first thing we should do is to break the lock of DRM protection and convert iTunes M4V to Chromecast compatible formats with the third-party iTunes DRM M4V converter.
DRmare M4V Converter is such an all-in-one software. Developed and marketed by DRmare Studio, DRmare M4V Converter is available for Windows and Mac operating system. By adopting extraordinary DRM decryption technology, DRmare iTunes DRM removal tool can not only remove DRM protection from both iTunes purchased and rented movies and TV episodes and convert iTunes DRM M4V to multiple popular audio and video formats, like MP4, AVI, MKV, MPEG, MOV, etc. After that you can convert iTunes DRM-free videos to any device without any restriction.
DRmare iTunes to Chromecast TV Converter
Part 2. Simple Introduction to Remove DRM & Convert iTunes M4V for Chromecast TV
If you are not familiar with this software, you can refer the following guide to convert iTunes DRM protected files to unprotected iTunes videos quickly with the help of this easy-to-use DRmare M4V Converter.
- Step 1Load iTunes DRM M4V movies to DRmare
- Click the "Add Files" button at the bottom left of the main interface, it will pop up a new window, where you can choose iTunes movies and TV shows that you'd like to convert from iTunes library. Also you can drag and drop iTunes DRM files to the interface of DRmare software directly. Please make sure your iTunes files are protected by DRM technology. Or you can’t import them to DRmare software.
- Step 2Choose output format for Chromecast TV
- Different Chromecast TVs have different supported formats, but MP4 has the high compatibility with Chromecast smart TV. So I highly recommend MP4 as the output format for your Chromecast TV. This multifunctional iTunes DRM converter also allows you to customize the bit rate, frame rate, video size and more. If necessary, you can set the destination folder according to your requirement.
- Step 3Start to remove DRM from Chromecast smart TV
- Now, you can navigate to the bottom-right side of the software screen to simply touch the "Convert" button. DRmare will be automatically launched to break DRM lock and convert iTunes DRM M4V to MP4 simultaneously. Once conversion process finished, you can find out DRM-free iTunes purchases and rentals on target folder.
Part 3. How to Cast iTunes DRM Free Videos to Chromecast TV
Just like other common video files, you can freely import iTunes non-DRM movies and TV shows to Chromecast TV. Here is the tutorial on converting iTunes videos to Chromecast smart TV with ease.
Step 1. Please open the Chrome browser on your computer to add the Cast extension from the Chrome Web Store. After installation, you will see a Cast menu on the upper-right corner of Google Chrome browser.
Step 2. Now, you can click the option button to choose the video quality for smart TV. And you should make sure that your computer and Chromecast TV are connected in the same home network.
Step 3. Drag and drop local iTunes movies and TV shows to Chrome browser or you can press Ctr + O to browse and add iTunes video files to Chrome browser. And then you can start to play imported iTunes DRM-free purchases and rentals and click the Cast button mentioned above. There is the last steps you need to do is to select your Chromecast TV as the casting device.
Besides, if your Chromecast TV has a HDMI port, you can connect your computer and smart TV with a HDMI cable. And then you are able to stream iTunes movies and TV shows through the HDMI cable and into your Chromecast TV with ease.