How to Play Apple Music on Chromecast Audio? [Best Workaround]
"I have purchased a Chromecast audio, but my subscription choice is Apple Music. Is there a workaround solution to cast DRM Apple Music songs to Chromecast from iTunes? " - Question from the Reddit forum.
Chromecast has the native support for many different music services. Such as Spotify, iHeart Radio, Google Play Music, TuneIn Radio, Rhapsody, Deezer, Napseter. You can cast any of these music from mobile devices or computers without any hassles. But, Apple Music is not on the list. So what? Let's explore the best alternative solution here.
How to Play Apple Music on Chromebook
How to Play Apple Music with Roku
Part 1. Best iTunes to Chromecast Audio Converter
Someone may ask can't you simply download Apple Music and cast them manually through a Chromecast enabled apps? It is right that we can cast any playable local audio files such as the DRM free MP3, AAC, WAV, Vorbis, AC3, M4A. But this is not correct for the Apple Music or M4P songs. The reason is that M4P is protected with the strict FariPlay DRM copy protection. So you have to authorize the device with iTunes first before you play the songs. This limits them from being accessible from other non-Apple mobile phones or tablets.
If you do want to stream Apple Music to Chromecast, the usual ways are to remove the DRM protection by using the recording or decryption. The former way is free but it may reduce the output quality and it takes real time. The latter will typically save you a lot of time while the output quality is lossless. It is highly recommended though it may charge you some dollars.
DRmare iTunes to Chromecast Converter for Mac/Windows is one of the best DRM audio decryptor. It has superior design and reliable features. You are note expected to meet any technical issue even if you are using the latest version High Sierra systems and iTunes. What is better is that the trial version is totally free, yo can download it to try it out by yourself.
View also: Best Way to Convert iTunes DRM M4P to MP3
DRmare Apple Music M4P Converter
- DRmare Software focus on removing DRM, no unnecessary or confusing features
- Not only convert DRM Apple Music, but also iTunes M4A songs, audiobooks, podcasts
- Keep original quality including the album cover, artist, title, author and much more
- DRmare provide 24/7 top-notch support and lifetime free update
Part 3. Cast Apple Music from Any Places
Now you can start to stream DRM free iTunes songs from any devices as long as you have a compatible streaming app. With the popularity of Chromecast devices, many chromecast enabled apps have appeared. Such as "Cast to TV","MegaCast", "Video & TV Cast" from IOS/Android mobile devices or PCs. Following are the top two ways to stream music to your Chromecast audio.
Stream iTunes Songs from Chrome Browser
If you'd like to stream songs from your Windows PC or Mac computer, Chrome offers a easiest solution.
1. Plug in the Chromecast audio into your speaker via the 3.5mm AUX port. If it is the first time you use the Chromecast, you need to set up the Wifi connection via the Google Home app.
2. Go to your computer turn on the Chrome browser. After that, you can drag one of the converted Apple Music from the computer and start playing it.
3. Navigate to the Chrome settings menu and then choose "Cast". the audio will be streamed to the Chromecast with speaker which is connected to the the same Wifi.
Cast Apple Music with AllCast App
If you'd like to cast music from iPhone or other Android phones on the go, you can try the most mighty application AllCast. It enables you to stream audios, videos and pictures from many streaming devices. Like Roku, Xbox, PlayStation besides Chromecast. View also: How to Download Spotify Songs to PS4
1. Download and install the AllCast to your mobile phone or tablets via the Google Play or App Store or Amazon Store.
2. Transfer the converted DRM free audio files to the mobile device and start to play them.
3. Click the 'Cast' menu from the app, the music will be played on the connected speaker on the same network.