Zune is a brand of software and devices created by Microsoft. The Zune software works as a media player and media management app for syncing media files to devices with Zune functionality. Zune device is praised for its user friendly features and beautiful interface. Some users think it as the best media player ever created. However, both the software and device are discounted due to the rapid development of mobile devices.
Even so, some users are still royal to the Zune software or devices. Here I will focus on how to move iTunes M4V movies to Zune for playback.
- Part 1. Things You Should Know about Zune
- Part 2. Convert iTunes M4V Movies
- Part 3. Download DRM Free Media Files to Zune
Part 1. More Details about Zune
Speaking of Zune, there are some details you maybe interested to know. You can take a look at the following list.
Zune models: There are 4 generations of Zune developed in total with different dimension, weight, screen size, storage and features. The models mainly include Zune 30/4/8/16/80/120/HD. Besides these, there are some Windows phones also have the same functionality of Zune.
Zune supported formats: You can play audio, video and image files on Zune with the formats MP3, AAC, MP4, MOV, WMA, H.264, WMV, ASF, AVI, JPG.
Zune Marketplace: It offers the option for customers to buy and download music, podcast, movies, music videos, TV shows, applications, games and much more.
Zune software: It is also known as Zune media player or library management app which is based on Windows Media Player to develop.
Part 2. Convert iTunes Videos to Compatible Formats
So if you happen to have the right formats of digital media files mentioned above, you will be able to transfer them to Zune media player or device to play easily. But what if you have media files which are not on the support list such as the iTunes movies, TV episodes? Can you still put them on the Zune media player to enjoy?
Just take it easy. Multiple iTunes to Zune converters are designed to solve this trouble. They can not only remove DRM protection from the iTunes DRM-ed movies but also transform the particular formats to new compatible ones.
Take DRmare iTunes Video Converter for Windows/Mac for example, it supports a lot of output formats such as MP4, WMV, MPEG, M4V, FLV, SWF, H.264, AVI, MOV, F44. Basically you just need to throw in your iTunes DRM movies, choose the output format and one click to convert them to new files for your Zune player.
DRmare iTunes Video Converter
- Beautiful and clean appearance and you can customize the display languages
- Support batch conversion features, remove FairPlay DRM protection automatically
- Keep original quality for subtitles, audio tracks and run at a high converting speed
- 24/7 fast technical support, answer any questions in a timely manner
- Step 1Load iTunes M4V videos
- First off, just throw the downloaded iTunes movies into the converting area of the DRmare software. In case you haven't downloaded them yet, please go to iTunes and wait for them to download 100% completely first.
- Step 2Change output file format for Zune player
- The original M4V format of iTunes movies are not detected by Zune, that is why you need to select a new format. From what have talked above, the perfect output formats are MP4, WMV, AVI, so just pick up the one format you prefer.
- Step 3Strip DRM limitation
- DRmare software is well-designed to do most things automatically, you can simply press the 'Convert' button at the bottom right of the software and then it will start to help you convert iTunes videos and remove DRM protection in a prompt speed.
Part 3. Transfer Converted Videos to Zune
After removing DRM protection, you can easily transfer the the videos to the Zune sofware or Zune device to play. The Zune software works on Windows computer. You just need to copy the videos on to the default monitor folder of the Zune software, then you will be able to to play the converted DRM free videos. This is so easy and I won't illustrate it here.
Else if you want to transfer the videos to your Zune device, you can follow the steps:
1. Connect your Zune Player to your computer.
2. In the Zune software, please select the movies or TV shows which you have converted and want to sync to your device, the files will be sync automatically.
3. If you don't want an item to be sync, you can click the option 'Never sync with <your device name>'.
4. After converting, you can go to your Zune device and select the video you like to play.
Leave a Comment