Part 1. Detailed Introduction of MPlayer
When it comes to MPlayer, there are some details you should know, such as the formats it supports and the output drivers, please have a look at the following article.
1. Physical Media: CDs, DVDs, Video CDs, Blu-ray discs
2. Container Formats: 3GP, AVI, ASF, FLV, MOV(QuickTime), MP4, OGG, etc.
3. Video Formats: DV, MJPEG, MPEG-1, RealVideo, WMA, etc.
4. Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, FLAC, Vorbis, ALAC, AC3, and more
5. Subtitle Formats: ASS/SSA, CC, AQTitle, OGM, PJS, MicroDVD, Sami, SRT
6. Image Formats: JPEG, MNG, BMP, TGA, SGI, Sun Raster
MPlayer supports a wide range of output formats, it can work with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, AAlib, DirectFB, but you can use GGI, SDL, VESA and some low-level card-specific drivers, too. Most of them support software or hardware scaling, so you can enjoy movies in fullscreen. MPlayer also supports displaying through some hardware MPEG decoder boards, such as the Siemens DVB, DXR2 and other hardware.