MPlayer is a free and open source media player, which is developed in 2000. It not only can work on Windows and Mac, but also can work on Linux. What's more, it can support lots of input formats and output drivers. If you are a regular MPlayer user and if you want to use it to play videos such as iTunes videos, you could check this post. In this post, we will talk about how to play iTunes videos on MPlayer.
Part 1. Detailed Introduction of MPlayer
When it comes to MPlayer, there are some details you should know, such as the formats it supports and the output drivers, please have a look at the following article.
1. Physical Media: CDs, DVDs, Video CDs, Blu-ray discs
2. Container Formats: 3GP, AVI, ASF, FLV, MOV(QuickTime), MP4, OGG, etc.
3. Video Formats: DV, MJPEG, MPEG-1, RealVideo, WMA, etc.
4. Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, FLAC, Vorbis, ALAC, AC3, and more
5. Subtitle Formats: ASS/SSA, CC, AQTitle, OGM, PJS, MicroDVD, Sami, SRT
6. Image Formats: JPEG, MNG, BMP, TGA, SGI, Sun Raster
MPlayer supports a wide range of output formats, it can work with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL, AAlib, DirectFB, but you can use GGI, SDL, VESA and some low-level card-specific drivers, too. Most of them support software or hardware scaling, so you can enjoy movies in fullscreen. MPlayer also supports displaying through some hardware MPEG decoder boards, such as the Siemens DVB, DXR2 and other hardware.
Part 2. Powerful Tool to Convert iTunes Videos
As MPlayer can support various of formats, and if you have the formats of media files we showed you above, you will be able to stream them to MPlayer and play easily. But if you have the special formats of media files, such as iTunes DRM videos, you can't play them on MPlayer, because iTunes videos are under the protection of DRM. In order to let you play iTunes videos on MPlayer, here we are going to introduce a powerful tool for you.
This tool is called DRM Video Converter for Mac, which is designed by DRmare. It is a program with clean interface and it is easy to operate. It can help remove DRM from iTunes videos and convert them into common formats, such as MP4, FLV, WMV, MOV and more. It also can batch convert the media files at a faster speed, so you just need to add your iTunes DRM videos in it and wait for the converting process.
It is really a powerful tool, isn't it? Why not taking a try of it at once? Here we provide the free trial for you, you just need to click the "Download" button to download and install it on your computer and follow the conversion tutorial to start.
DRmare iTunes DRM Video Converter
- Step 1Import iTunes DRM videos
- At first, you should ensure that you had downloaded iTunes videos before you start converting them. If you haven't downloaded, you need to go to iTunes and complete downloading. After that, you can add the downloaded iTunes videos to the main interface of the DRmare program.
- Step 2Customize output format for MPlayer
- Once the downloaded iTunes videos are loaded in the converter, you can click "Format Setting" to choose the output formats for your videos as you like. In the program, we offer MP4, WMV, AVI and other formats for you. And you also can modify the videos by clicking "Edit", here you can trim the videos, add effects and watermark for your videos, which lets you make your videos more wonderful.
- Step 3Remove DRM restriction
- When all the setting is ready, you can start converting iTunes DRM videos by clicking "Convert" button at the bottom right of the converter. And then DRmare program will convert iTunes videos and remove DRM protection for you automatically. It won't take you a long time for its completion. After the converting process finishes, you can check the converted iTunes videos and then copy them to MPlayer and play.
Part 3. Summary
After reading the tutorial we show to you, you will find out that it is really a user-friendly software and it is easy to use. With the help of DRmare iTunes DRM Videos Converter, you can easily get the DRM-free iTunes videos. You can edit your videos as you want and convert them into the suitable format for you. And then you can enjoy and play iTunes videos on MPlayer or other devices freely. If you could take a try of it, I think you will love it.
Leave a Comment