How to Upload DRM-ed iTunes Music Videos to Metacafe
Metacafe is a well known video-sharing website with millions of short-form video entertainment, including movies, video games, sports, music, and TV that are less than eight minutes in length. It has attracted over 40 million unique monthly viewers with its high quality videos. Every one can upload their own video clips to metacafe for free. Besides, if your video hit 20,000 views, Metacafe will pay you $5 for every 1,000 views. This in result has driven many people to make and upload cool videos to Metacafe everyday. But here we are not going to discuss how to make breathtaking videos for Metacafe. What we are talking is about how to upload some special video formats, like iTunes music video shortcuts to Metacafe if you are music lovers who are using iTunes and like to share good music with others.
Part 1. Can't upload iTunes music videos to metacafe?
If you have ever tried to upload the music videos from iTunes to metacafe, you may have realized that only few iTunes MVs can be added to Metacafe account successfully. Most of the iTunes music videos are impossible to proceed. Why is that? In fact, that's all caused by Apple's DRM copyright technology known as FairPlay. Because of which, almost all iTunes video content, including music videos, movies, TV shows are encoded for Apple's devices only. iTunes users have no right to share and upload those DRM-locked iTunes videos to Metacafe or other platforms.
Fortunately there's always a way out. One of the best solutions to share iTunes MV to Metacafe is using a third-party iTunes DRM removal tool to unlock the DRM limit from iTunes music videos. As a most popular iTunes DRM video solution, DRmare M4V Converter is highly recommended here. It specializes in completely removing DRM protection from all kinds of iTunes videos and converting the encrypted files from M4V format to common MP4, FLV, AVI, MPEG, etc. supported by Metacafe and other video sharing websites. In addition, this powerful iTunes MV converter can losslessly preserve the original quality of the iTunes videos, including subtitles, AC3 5.1 audio, etc.
DRmare iTunes to Metacafe Converter
Part 2. How to Convert iTunes DRM Music Videos to Metacafe
Before uploading iTunes M4V music videos to Metacafe video account, you should remove the DRM protection from iTunes MV with DRmare M4V Converter. Simply follow the steps below to get it done in seconds.
- Step 1Download and import iTunes music videos
- Firstly, make sure you have completely downloaded the iTunes music videos onto your computer which is authorized successfully to play the MV. Then launch DRmare M4V Converter on your Mac or PC. You'll find the "+" button at the bottom left of the converter interface. Click it to load the music videos from iTunes library to DRmare. You can also add the videos via drag-and-drop.
- Note: If some of the music videos can't load into DRmare properly, then they could be DRM-free which don't need to delete the DRM from.
- Step 2Customize output video for Metacafe
- When the iTunes MV files are added into DRmare, you can simply click the Format option next to "Add Files" button. Then select Web Video column and choose FLV at output format. Or you can simply leave it as the Lossless MP4 under HD Video. At this step, you can also customize the output settings, including video codec, bit rate, size, etc. for the video before converting.
- Step 3Remove DRM from iTunes music videos
- Now click the Convert button at the bottom right corner to begin removing DRM and converting the iTunes MV to common video formats. Once converted, you can locate the DRM-free videos from the history folder.
Part 3. Steps to Upload Converted iTunes MV to Metacafe
As Metacafe only supports publishing original video content that you own the copyright to, before uploading the converted iTunes music videos to Metacafe, you are suggested to edit the video by yourself. Then when it turns out to be a brand new video, you can follow the steps below to upload and share the iTunes videos to Metacafe.
Step 1. Firstly you need to verify that your video meets Metacafe's submission guidelines. Basically, the video must be no more than eight minutes long and it must not contain nudity or human death.
Step 2. Log into Metacafe account with your user name and password.
Step 3. Click the "Upload" button in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Click "Browse" button and navigate to the video file that you wish to upload and click the "Open" button.
Step 4. Click "Upload File" to upload your video to Metacafe. Type the title and description for the video in the appropriate fields.
Step 5. Click the radio button next to the age range. Check the box next to the channel where you want to upload the video. Enter keywords and tags for your video and click the "Save" button to complete the uploading process.