How to Upload iTunes Videos to OneDrive
OneDrive is free file-hosting service provided by Microsoft as its suite of online service. It is also called SkyDrive, Windows Live SkyDrive and Windows Live Folders previously. This service enables users to store their documents, videos, music, photos and any other files online and get access to them from any device, anywhere.
If something happens to your device, you don't need to worry about losing your files or videos, just get them back from your OneDrive. What's more if you share files to your friends, you just need to send a link via email, text or Facebook without large email attachments or thumb drives. This is so wonderful and convenient.
Do you happen to have a lot of important and favorite iTunes videos which you want to backup? If so, please continue with me here, in this page I will talk about how to Upload iTunes M4V movies to OneDrive today.
Part 1. Remove DRM before Syncing iTunes Videos to OneDrive
Prior to syncing iTunes movies, there is one important thing about iTunes movies we need to aware of that they are encrypted with the FairPlay digital rights management (DRM) copy protection. Though you can upload iTunes DRM videos to OneDrive, they won't be opened from any other devices under the DRM encryption. The backup files with DRM will be useless. So it makes sense that we should get a DRM removal tool to break DRM protection first.
You may wonder is there a free DRM removal software can help to do that? The answer is yes, you can use the free Requiem DRM removal gadget which works on old version iTunes 10.7 or previous versions. You would have to spend much effort and time to make it work considering that iTunes 10.7 is very old.
Another best alternative is to use a leading and fast DRmare M4V Converter. It has the same lossless output quality and fast converting speed like Requiem yet come with a lot of more powerful features. In addition, it is compatible with the latest version iTunes and both Mac and Windows computers.
DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter
- Remove FairPlay DRM from iTunes M4V movies, TV series, Extras
- Support to convert M4V to M4V, MOV, MPEG, AVI and other formats
- Run quickly while keeping the original subtitle, AD track, 5.1 Dolby audio
- Convert iTunes M4V to various hot media devices and players
Part 2. Intuitive Tutorial to Convert iTunes M4V Videos to OneDrive
Now that you have already find the Best DRM tool DRmare M4V Converter, let me guide you how to use it to remove DRM and convert iTunes M4V to OneDrive step by step. If you have try similar video converter before, you will find the process is almost the same, only 3 steps required.
- Step 1Import iTunes DRM Protected movies
- DRmare M4V Converter depends on iTunes to work, please make sure you have downloaded and authorized the videos to play well on iTunes first. Then you can launch the software and click "+" button to select the iTunes DRM movies and TV shows to import. Another option available is to drag and drop videos.
- Step 2Customize output video format
- Next you can navigate to the 'Output' droplist and select one of the output format you want. In general, you can choose any format you want. Such as MOV, MPEG, Webm, AVI, WMV, MOV, OGV, DivX and much more. But please note that some formats may require a specific player to play them well. Here I will recommend MP4 format which will be compatible with almost any devices and players. Besides the format settings, you can also customize the output video resolution, codec, bit rate, frame rate, audio track, subtitle etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM from iTunes movies
- Once you have completed the settings, please click the "Convert" button to start to strip DRM protection from iTunes videos in batch. You will see iTunes flash a while and please just wait patiently for it to compete. It converts videos at a 30X speed, so you won't wait for a long time.
Part 3. More Tips: Share iTunes Movies to Friends by OneDrive
After removing DRM from iTunes videos, they will become common video files. You can easily sync the iTunes videos to OneDrive and open them anywhere. There are two ways to do that.
1. Upload videos from OneDrive app. You can download the OneDrive application from Microsoft official website and then install it to your computer. During the setup process, it will prompt you to sign in with your Microsoft account and password. Once it is done, a OneDrive folder will be created on the computer. Everything you put on the OneDrive folder will be synced in cloud. So you just need to move the DRM free iTunes videos to that folder to upload them to OneDrive.
2. Upload and share videos from OneDrive web page. If you'd like to share the iTunes videos to your friends as well, you can try this way. First, go to the OneDrive online website and login in with the Microsoft account and password. Second, you can click the upload menu and choose a file to upload, please wait for it to upload 100% completely. Third, to share the iTunes movies to your friends, you just need to right click on the file from OneDrive and choose 'Share' menu, then you can share via email, message, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.