"Why does Spotify limits the number of songs I can download to my device? I have already paid for the Spotify Premium membership and there is still a large space. But every time I try to download new Spotify music, I have to delete some old files first. This is really annoying. Is there a way to solve it?"
Spotify has been keeping listening to customers to improving experience and officially raised the download limit from 3333 per device for up to 3 devices to 10000 per device for up to 5 devices. However, the Spotify library is still limited to 10000 and you are only allowed to listen to music on one device at a time. This is not enough. Many users still have the annoyance that they want to download more songs. So is there a way to bypass the Spotify download limit? Sure, please just read.
Part 1. Everything You Should Know about Spotify Download Limit
What is Spotify download limit?
Spotify server contains over 40 millions of songs. But you can only download 10000 songs per device on a maximum of five devices at a time due to the protection. If you get the error message saying that you have reached the limit, then you have to delete some of the previous downloads. In addition, you have to login your account every 30 days to keep the downloaded files.
Why downloaded songs miss from your library?
- The music is not available on the Spotify server any more.
- You haven't logon your Spotify account for 30 days.
- You have download songs to the 6th device without removing one from the offline devices.
- If you store the songs on an SD card, maybe it is corrupted.
How many countries have Spotify?
Spotify is available on 79 countries such as Canada, USA, Australia, Germany, Japan, HongKong. However, it is still not available on some countries like China.
Will I lose the downloaded songs if I cancel Spotify Premium?
Yes. As soon as you cancel Spotify membership, you will not have access to the downloaded songs anymore offline. You can stream the songs online if you have the Internet connection again anyway.
Can I distribute Spotify downloaded songs to other devices?
Spotify songs are with encryption. You will only find the downloaded cache files, so it is not possible to copy them elsewhere.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify Unlimited Downloads
The main reason of Spotify download limit is mainly for protecting its streaming songs. By subscribing to the premium membership, you don't really own the Spotify songs, but only the right to listen to the music.
Do you want to get more songs on Spotify?
If so, I'd recommend you a totally feasible way by using DRmare Spotify Music Downloader for Windows/Mac. This can help you bypass Spotify maximum number of downloads and convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC and so on. By converting Spotify to MP3, you can keep the songs forever and copy them to any devices like mobile phones, portable speakers, headphones, streaming boxes, wearables. The best part is that you can enjoy Spotify music without premium membership.
Powerful Spotify Converter in 2019
- Step 1 Load Spotify songs
- First off, you can batch import the Spotify songs you want to the DRmare software screen by dragging and dropping. Also, you can copy the link of the Spotify songs/playlists/albums to the top address bar and press "+".
Now let me show you how to break the Spotify download limit with DRmare Spotify Converter. You can download either the Windows or Mac version and follow me with the steps below.
- Step 2Select the music format
- Spotify original format is in Vorbis OGG with encryption. To make the songs available offline, you can choose one of the common formats MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC. MP3 is highly recommended which is the most popular music format.
- Step 3Download songs from Spotify freely
- Finally, you can go to the button of the DRmare Spotify Converter screen and click "Convert" the songs in batch. The converting is automatic, you just need to leave your computer on. Generally you can convert up to 100 songs at a time. If you want to convert more songs such as unlimited songs, you just need to repeat the steps above.