"Can you play Spotify on laptop?" With a Spotify premium account and a Spotify app on your laptop, you can download music from Spotify to laptop. Also, you can enable the offline mode and listen to Spotify songs on laptop offline. Yet, what if you don't have the Spotify premium plan, how do you download and use Spotify in laptop?
Please don't worry. In this article, we will show you more about Spotify laptop. Here you will learn how to install Spotify on laptop. We will also show you how to download Spotify music on laptop without Spotify premium account. Besides, you will also see how to download Spotify songs onto laptop with the Spotify premium plan. Moreover, if you face issue with laptop Spotify, here are fixes for you below. For more details, please follow the steps below and learn more.
Part 1. How to Install Spotify on Laptop
Spotify now can work with computers, mobile devices, smart TVs and so on. In this case, you can download Spotify app on laptop with ease. You can download the Windows or Mac version of the Spotify app on your laptop. And then you can start to enjoy Spotify songs on your laptop with ease. Now, we will show you how to download and install Spotify for laptop step by step.
Step 1. On your laptop, head to the web browser you like. Then go to https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/.
Step 2. Click on the 'Download' button on the webpage. It will then start to download the Spotify app on your laptop.
Step 3. Once downloaded, open the file and go to install Spotify on laptop.
At last, you can start the Spotify app on laptop and log in to your Spotify account. Or you can sign up for a new account.
Part 2. How to Listen to Spotify on Laptop Offline with Premium
With a Spotify account, you can play Spotify tracks on laptop online. While with a Spotify premium account, you can download Spotify music on laptop and enjoy them offline. Here let's check how to do that.
Step 1. Open the Spotify application on your laptop and make sure that you had logged in.
Step 2. Locate the track/playlist/album that you want to download and listen to offline.
Step 3. Touch the 'download' icon to start downloading music to laptop from Spotify.
Step 4. Once downloaded, click on 'Your Library' to locate the songs in the Spotify laptop app.
To play Spotify on a laptop offline, you can click on 'File' > 'Offline Mode' on the Spotify app.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify Offline on Laptop without Premium
If you don't have a Spotify premium plan, then you can ask help from some third-party tools. DRmare Spotify Music Converter is such a smart program that can help you.
It is a music converter for Spotify songs for all Spotify users. You can use it to download Spotify music on laptop without Spotify premium account. With it, you can output Spotify music to MP3, FLAC and other audio formats for use on any device and platform.
Besides, with this smart tool, you can customize the audio parameters for Spotify audio tracks. You can alter the bit rate, audio channel and so on for Spotify music. By using it, you can then download and save Spotify songs to your laptop. Then you can play Spotify on laptop offline for free without using a Spotify premium account.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify music to laptop without Spotify premium
- Rip limits from Spotify songs and convert them to plain audio files, like MP3, and more
- Batch convert Spotify music at a faster conversion speed with original quality
- Listen to Spotify audio on laptop for Windows and Mac offline without any restriction
How to Download Spotify Music to Laptop without Premium by DRmare Music Converter
Here in this section, you will learn how to use DRmare Music Converter to get Spotify laptop to work for free. To start, please check whether you have downloaded and installed the official Spotify program on your laptop. If haven't yet, then install it at once. Otherwise, you couldn't use the DRmare program well. Once done, then follow the steps below to learn more.
- Step 1Launch DRmare Music Converter
- Go to the DRmare Spotify Music Converter webpage via the web browser on your computer. Then click on the 'Download' button to get it downloaded and installed on your computer. Or, you can hit on the 'Download' button from the above section to make it. When installed, then open the DRmare program. You can see the Spotify app launch along with it.
- Step 2Move Spotify music tracks to DRmare
- Head to the Spotify app to find songs, albums, playlists, and more that you want to download and play on laptop. Then drag the target tracks to the main screen of DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Or you can copy the link address to the target song. Then put the link to the search box on the DRmare program. Next, press the '+' icon and the song track will be loaded into the conversion window of the DRmare tool.
- Step 3Set output format for Spotify on laptop
- Now, you can reset the output format and other audio parameters for Spotify laptop. Please go to the menu icon at the top-right corner of DRmare Music Converter. Then click on that icon and choose 'Preferences' from the list. A new window will show later. Here you can go to choose the output audio format of Spotify songs for laptop. You can convert Spotify to FLAC, MP3, and more you want. Moreover, the audio bit rate, sample rate, and so on can be altered as well.
- Step 4Download Spotify music to laptop
- Hit on the 'Convert' button to start to download music from Spotify to laptop. The conversion process will show in the conversion window. When the process completes, you can click on the 'history' icon to find the downloaded Spotify music on laptop. At last, you can play Spotify on laptop offline with ease.
Part 4. How to Fix Spotify Not Working on Laptop
Some users may meet the issue that Spotify laptop not working. So, in this part, we will share some solutions with you to how to solve Spotify in laptop doesn't work issue.
Fix 1. Reinstall and Update the Spotify App on Laptop
If the Spotify app on your laptop is not the latest version, then you may face such an issue. So, please go to uninstall the app and then reinstall it with the latest version again. And then check if it can work well.
Fix 2. Turn on Hardware Acceleration Feature on Spotify
When Spotify laptop doesn't work, you can check whether you enable Hardware Acceleration on Spotify. Please go to click on 'View' under the menu icon on Spotify. If the 'Hardware Acceleration' is not activated, then click on it to turn it on. And then quit Spotify and reopen it on laptop.
Fix 3. Clear Spotify App Cache on Laptop
Lots of cache files of the Spotify app may also cause Spotify not working on laptop. So, you can go to clear Spotify cache files on your laptop. After then, check whether the app can work again.
Part 5. In Conclusion
In this post, you learned how to download and install Spotify app on laptop. Also, you got two ways to play Spotify on laptop. You can download Spotify music to laptop with or without a Spotify Premium. If you are a Spotify premium user, you can download and enjoy Spotify songs offline on laptop with ease. While to get Spotify laptop to work without premium, you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter. With this tool, you can download and save Spotify songs onto computer without a Spotify premium account. Then you can play Spotify offline on laptop and other devices with ease.