Part 1. Everything You Should Know On Using Spotify on TV
Benefits of Playing Spotify on Android Smart TV
1. You can make best use of your smart TV's big screen and your home sound system's 5.1. Dolby stereo sound system.
2. Save the the cellular data fee by using WiFi instead of your mobile network.
3. Share the songs with your friends or family members in the same hall easily.
4. You can enjoy more features such as voice search, Google assistant and so on.
How to Install Spotify App for Android TV
The official Android TV application has hit the Google Play Store. You can install it to any compatible devices such as Sony BRAVIA, Mi Box S, NVIDIA SHIELD, Sharp AQUOS.
1. Power on your Android TV, you will see the main screen.
2. Scroll down to the Apps row and then select and launch Google Play store.
3. User the search bar or browse the Music & Audio category to locate Spotify app.
4. Login with the Spotify account and password or PIN.
How to Control the Playback
On the Android TV device, you can control the music playback with a connected Mouse, wireless control or Spotify Connect. I would highly recommend you to use the Spotify Connect feature. With it, you can transform your mobile, tablet or desktop into a remote control.
1. Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Spotify to play a song and tap the "Devices Available" icon.
3. Then you can select the TV to start listening. Every settings you done from your device will show on the Spotify Android TV app.