It is now possible to convert any iTunes playlist to MP3. This new technology has enhanced the ability to share music with your friends and family as you can transfer MP3 files in a more secure way than before. With this technology comes some new considerations when it comes to copyright protection.
When converting iTunes playlist to MP3, you will want to make sure that you are not infringing on any copyrights. There are many different ways to do this, from using WAV or MP3 files that have been shared freely without the artist's permission, but if you play it safe with the conversion software, there should not be any legal trouble for your conversion practices.
Well, this article will introduce you to different methods on how to export iTunes playlist to MP3. Let's check them out!
Part 1. How to Export iTunes Playlist to MP3 via iTunes/Apple Music App
Did you know it is possible to convert iTunes playlist to MP3 using the iTunes app? Well, it is very much possible and exemplary convenient. Using the iTunes application, it is possible to convert M4A songs and achieve DRM-free tracks.
However, for Mac users using the macOS Catalina 10.15 or above, the Music app is much more convenient than the iTunes app. Below is a quick guide on how to export iTunes playlist to MP3 on PC and Mac computer.
Export iTunes Playlist to MP3 via iTunes on PC
Step 1. First and foremost, you will need to download iTunes on your Windows PC.
Step 2. Open iTunes and go to the main menu bar at the top of the screen. Click on the "Preferences" window and then select "Edit" > "Preferences".
Step 3. If you are using macOS 10.14 or a lower version Mac computer, click "iTunes" > "Preferences".
Step 4. Now, click on "General" and head to the "General" tab to find the "Import Settings..." option.
Step 5. Hit the "Import Settings...". Then change the "Import Using" option to "MP3 Encoder" and then click on the "OK" button to save the changes.
Step 6. Finally, head to the iTunes Library, click the "File" menu, and select "Create MP3 Version" to convert iTunes playlist to MP3. This way, iTunes will retain a copy of the original songs and, at the same time, create an MP3 audio file for you.
Export Playlist from iTunes to MP3 via Apple Music App on Mac
Usually, the Music app works best for macOS 10.15 Catalina or above Mac versions. That said, here is a quick guide on how to use the Apple Music app to export iTunes playlist to MP3 on your Mac computer.
Step 1. First, open the Music app on your Mac computer. Next, click on "Music" > "Preferences".
Step 2. Select the "Files" option at the top of the window. Next, hit the "Import Settings" button.
Step 3. Choose "MP3 Encoder" to personalize the audio quality.
Step 4. Finally, select the iTunes M4A songs from the library. Then, hit "File" > "Conversion" > "Create MP3 Version" to get iTunes playlist export to MP3.
Export iTunes Playlist to MP3 via iTunes/Apple Music App: Pros and Cons
- It is convenient
- Supports multiple formats
- It is free
- Doesn't support DRM songs
- Compromised output quality
- It is slow
Part 2. How to Convert iTunes Playlist to MP3 - Best Tool
Well, converting your iTunes songs to MP3 using the iTunes app or the Apple Music app is a great idea. The apps support iTunes conversion to a variety of audio formats for free. However, using the method only exposes you to the risk of losing the sound quality of your music after conversion. Also, the process is very slow, and you might end up spending a lot of time converting just a few iTunes tracks.
With all the shortcomings, an alternative method to export iTunes playlist to MP3 is most paramount. In that case, you need to find an iTunes third-party downloader with a converter function. And while there are hundreds of them on the Internet, we would like to introduce you to the best software downloader. That is the DRmare Audio Converter.
The DRmare Audio Converter is the ultimate downloader solution for anyone willing to download and convert iTunes playlist to MP3. The software is specifically designed to bypass the Apple FairPlay DRM protection technology.
With this program, you can convert the iTunes M4A songs to compatible audio file formats such as MP3, AAC, M4B, WAV, among others. This way, the songs are playable on both Apple and Non-Apple devices. Most importantly, you can access them offline without any internet connection.
Built using advanced technology, the DRmare Audio Converter offers lightning speed of the iTunes music conversion at up to 30X. That means that an hour-long audio is converted to the audio file formats of your choice in just a few minutes. And offering fast conversions speed, the DRmare Audio Converter maintains the original music quality after conversion. You can also convert AA/AAX books to 100% lossless audio while at the same time retaining the original ID3 tags of the audiobooks.
DRmare iTunes Playlist to MP3 Converter
How to Export iTunes Playlist to MP3 with DRmare Audio Converter
In this section, you will see how to use DRmare Audio Converter to convert and export iTunes playlist to MP3 and other plain audio formats. Let's check out the detailed steps below.
- Step 1Install and launch the DRmare Audio Converter
From the official DRmare website, download and go ahead to install the DRmare Audio Converter. Run the software on your computer once installed. Next, the iTunes app will be launched and log in to your iTunes account.
- Step 2Add iTunes playlist to DRmare Audio Converter
- Now, hit the "Add Files" to upload the iTunes songs to DRmare main interface. For M4P audios and AA/AAX audiobooks, click on the add button on the bottom left to import the tracks. It will lead you to the iTunes program. Then you can choose the iTunes songs you want to export to MP3.
- Step 3Customize output settings for iTunes playlist
- On the main interface of DRmare Audio Converter, click on "Format" icon to launch the audio settings window. A small window will show on your screen. Here, you can select the audio output format for iTunes playlist from the available option as you want. For instance, you can select the audio format from MP3, WAV, FLAC, or AAC at the drop menu.
- Besides, you can personalize the sound output quality of your iTunes songs or audiobooks. You can tweak the output codec, bit rate, sample rate, and more as you want.
- Step 4Start to convert and export iTunes playlist to MP3
- Once you have made the changes, hit the "OK" button to save the changes. Finally, hit the "Convert" button to start to download and convert iTunes playlist to MP3. Once it is complete, hit the converted icon to find the converted iTunes songs on your computer.
- Step 5Transfer iTunes MP3 songs to other devices
- Once, you have found the converted iTunes audio files on your computer, you can transfer them to any device, i.e., your smartphone, or any other device for offline playback directly.
Export iTunes Playlist to MP3 via DRmare Audio Converter: Pros and Cons
- Convert not only iTunes songs but also other plain audio files
- Output original audio quality and keep ID3 tags
- Customize output audio parameters
- Play audios on any device and platform
- It's not free
Part 3. Conclusion
Above we showed tips for you on how to export iTunes playlist to MP3. If you want to use the best tool to convert iTunes songs to MP3 format with ease, then you should give the DRmare Audio Converter a try. It also allows you to download and convert iTunes songs, Audible audiobooks without losing the audio output quality.
Furthermore, the software is easy to use, quick, and most importantly, you can own the iTunes songs forever! Just go ahead to download the free trial version of the DRmare Audio Capture and test its features out.