Can I Play Apple Music on My Android Tablet? [Latest Tips]
"Is Apple Music for Android app compatible with Samsung tablet? I am planing to install it into my Galaxy Tab from the Play Store. When I open the app, it always prompts the message that my device isn't compatible with this version. Any ideas?" - Kendall Ramirez.
Apple has finally rolls out the Apple Music for Android. Normally every users has 4.3 or above version Android devices can install the app and get access to millions of songs, video content, curated radio and playlists and recommended music. Unfortunately, this app is not compatible with Android tablets or phablet phones like Galaxy Note 8, S8, Tab, Kindle Fire HD 7/8, Huawei Mate 10, Google Pixel and so on.
But that doesn't mean it is impossible to play Apple Music on Android Tablets. Here we will find out more details and the alternative solution.
View also: How to Play Audible Audiobooks on Android
Part 1. More Details about Apple Music for Android
If you have purchased songs from iTunes or you have subscribed to the Apple Music memberships, you may want to listen to them across multiple platforms like IOS, Android, Windows. Apple Music for Android is the first app to stream music you have purchased from iTunes officially. The latest version contains all of the Apple Music features such as voice control and family subscription plan just like the IOS version.
Although there are many great music streaming service like Google Play Music, Spotify, Rhapsody, Pandora out there, Apple Music for Android has its advantages which you can't find elsewhere such as Dr.Dre's latest album and Taylor Swift's discography.
The drawback is that many Android tablets or phablets are not compatible with it now. In addition, Apple Music M4P files are tied up with the DRM protection. So you can't download Apple Music songs to play offline either. The only solution is to crack the DRM encryption and encode the M4P format to a more popular audio format.
DRmare Apple Music to Android Converter is one of the mightiest DRM removal tool for audio files. It offers a one-stop solution to strip DRM and convert audio formats for many files from Apple Music, iTunes podcasts, Audible audiobooks, etc. The supported output formats include M4A, MP3, AAC, WAV, M4B, FLAC. After converting, the music files will be lossless with all the original ID3 tags kept. Besides, it has the feature to edit the tag info so that to make your music more organized.
View also: Two Methods to Transfer Spotify to Android
DRmare Apple Music Converter
- 100% clean and user friendly interface, no any unnecessary bells and whistles
- Remove DRM protection and extract audio from your Apple Music files losslessly
- Advanced audio acceleration technology, convert music at a lighting fast speed
- DRmare provide 24/7 technical support and lifetime free update
Part 2. How to Make DRM Music Compatible with All Android Phones and Tablets
DRmare Apple Music Converter has a very comfortable hands-on experience as well, the program is less than 5M in size which makes it fast to put on your computer. Now I will install the Mac version and walk you through the steps to remove DRM from your Apple Music M4P files.
- Step 1Start DRmare software
- After installing, you can double click the shortcut from the desktop, you will see the beautiful main screen. DRmare software depends on iTunes to run, please make sure iTunes has been downloaded and installed on the computer already.
- Step 2Load Apple Music songs
- You may drag & drop to import the song from iTunes to the DRmare Apple Music Converter directly or click the two 'Add Files' buttons on the bottom left screen to import from iTunes library or computer folder.
- Step 3Configure the output audio format
- To make the output music compatible with more Android devices, we'd highly recommend the MP3 output format. Just click the 'Output' option and then use the cursor to select the format and click 'OK' to confirm. What's more, you can do other settings such as split audio files or customize the ID3 tags.
- Step 4Batch Convert M4P to MP3
- Once you have done the settings, you can click 'Convert' button from the bottom right to start encoding all the DRM Apple Music to DRM-free MP3 files. Only within a few minutes, all the music will be saved to the output folder on your computer.
Part 3. Put Converted Music to Android
Thanks to the DRmare Audio Converter, now you don't need to worry about the DRM protection which prevents you from playing DRM music files without any restrictions. Now you can try the two methods sync the Apple Music files to your Android tablets.
Method 1. USB cable. Just connect your Android phone or tablet to your computer via an USB cable, you should be able to locate and open the device on the computer explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac, then copy and paste to transfer the music files.
Method 2. OTG cable. If your device is compatible with OTG, you can transfer the audio files to an USB flash drive first, then connect the drive to your phone or tablet with an OTG cable to start copying files.
That is so easy, right? In case you still encounter any technical issue when transferring files to your Android devices like Samsung Galaxy Tab, Google Pixel etc., please feel free to comment below.