Apple Music is a popular music streaming service that offers millions of songs, curated playlists, and exclusive content. While it is primarily designed for Apple devices, it is also available for Windows users. However, downloading Apple Music songs to your Windows PC can be a bit tricky. So in this guide, we'll explore multiple ways to download Apple Music to PC, catering to different preferences and ease of use.
View also: How to Download Apple Music to Mac
Way 1. How to Download Apple Music for Windows 11 - Apple Music Preview App
In January 2023, Apple released a preview version of the Apple Music app for Windows. It can be installed from the Microsoft App Store and used as a standalone application. This app provides a seamless experience for Windows 11 users, allowing them to explore, stream, and download Apple Music content directly on their PCs.
However, the Apple Music Preview app is only available for Windows 11. You cannot use it on Windows 10 and older versions. For users with Windows 10 or older versions, please skip to Part 2 to download Apple Music to PC.
Step 1. Install the Apple Music Preview app from Microsoft App Store on your Windows 11.
Step 2. Once the app is installed, open it and log in with your Apple Music account.
Step 3. Find the Apple song you want to download to your PC and click on the '+' button to add it to your library.
Step 4. Click on the 'Download' button next to the song to start the downloading process.
Way 2. How to Make Apple Music Download PC - iTunes
iTunes has long been a popular choice for managing and downloading music, and it remains a viable option for Windows users to download Apple Music. By utilizing iTunes, Windows PC users can easily access their Apple Music library and download songs for offline listening.
Note: These saved songs are only available for the duration of your subscription. If you want to keep listening to downloaded Apple Music permanently after canceling your subscription, skip to Part 3.
Now let's see how to make Apple Music download for Windows with iTunes.
1. Add Songs to Your Library
Step 1. Launch iTunes from your PC. It may prompt you to sign in, please input your Apple ID and password.
Step 2. Click on 'Music' from the top-left menu.
Step 3. You can click on 'For You', 'Browse', or the 'search field' at the top right to find the songs you want.
Step 4. Click on the '+' button over the songs to add them to your library. (Or you can choose the 'three dots' icon and then select 'Add to Library'.)
2. Download Apple Songs to PC
Step 1. Open iTunes and click on 'Music' from the top left corner.
Step 2. Choose the 'Library' tab and find the music you want to save offline.
Step 3. Click on the 'Download' button next to the music to start the downloading process. (Or you can click on the 'three dots' icon and select 'Download'.)
Step 4. Now you can start to enjoy the offline songs on your PC in the 'Downloaded' sidebar on the left.
Way 3. How to Download Apple Music on PC to MP3 - DRmare Apple Music Converter
Apple Music has added protection to its music by limiting you to playing its music only on Apple authorized devices. Moreover, you will lose access to the downloaded songs after your subscription expires. So, here we will share a way to download Apple Music on PC while bypassing these two restrictions.
For those seeking more flexibility, third-party tools like DRmare Apple Music Converter offer a solution to download Apple Music songs in MP3 format. It enables users to bypass protection, converting Apple Music tracks to widely compatible formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc. at up to 30 times faster. After the conversion, you can transfer Apple Music to other devices and play it offline anywhere.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
How to Download Apple Music for PC to MP3
The DRmare Audio Converter is compatible with Windows and Mac computers. And you can install its full version for free by clicking the 'Download' button above.
- Step 1Install and open DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Launch the DRmare Audio Converter and you can see its clean and easy-to-use interface. Note that the trial version will only convert 1/3 of your songs. If you want to convert entire songs, you can buy a license to activate it.
- Step 2Load Apple Music songs to DRmare
- There are two 'Add' buttons (at the bottom-left corner) that allow you to easily import Apple Music files. The first button will open your iTunes music library, and the second button will open your computer's local folder. If you are unable to view your iTunes music library, make sure you have the 'Share iTunes library XML with other applications' option enabled.
- Step 3Set output formats for Apple Music
- The default output format is MP3 and it comes with high quality and good compatibility. If you want to change it, click on the 'Format' icon at the bottom right. There you are also allowed to customize Apple Music with codec, channel, etc. according to your needs.
- Step 4Convert and download Apple Music to PC
- At last, you can click the 'Convert' button to start the 30X faster conversion process. The DRmare Audio Converter will batch download all your added songs and save them as local MP3 files. When it is done, you can click 'History' to find Apple Music downloads and listen to them offline without limitations. Then you can keep these Apple Music songs forever even if your subscription expires. You can also move them to other devices and play with any other music player.
Comparison of 3 Methods to Download Apple Music for PC
You can use the new Apple Music Preview app to download Apple Music to PC. But it is only available for Windows 11 computers. For other Windows systems, you can use iTunes or DRmare Apple Music Converter. Below is a comparison table of these three ways.
|Compatible System||Download Speed||Listen Offline||Keep After Unsubscribed||Remove Copyright Protection||Move to Other Devices|
|Apple Music Preview App|
|DRmare Apple Music Converter ||Windows/Mac||30 times faster||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Obviously, using DRmare Apple Music Converter to download Apple Music songs to MP3 on PC is a better way. With it, you can enjoy some privileges that you can't enjoy when using iTunes or Apple Music Preview app. You can check them out below.
- Download Apple Music to PC at a 30X speed
- Listen to Apple Music offline even if you cancel your subscription
- Keep the downloaded Apple Music songs for as long as you want
- Transfer Apple Music songs to other devices even if they don't support the Apple Music app
All in all, if you are a fan of Apple Music, you can't miss DRmare Apple Music Converter. It allows you to convert Apple Music to popular audio files and keep them forever. You will be able to listen to Apple Music on any unauthroized device even if your subscription expires.
FAQs about Apple Music Download PC
Q1: Is Apple Music compatible with Windows?
A: You can access Apple Music on a Windows PC by visiting music.apple.com or by installing iTunes for Windows. Additionally, you can also download the Apple Music Preview app from Microsoft's Store, which supports Windows 11.
Q2: Where are Apple Music files stored on PC?
A: The default location for Apple Music files on a Windows PC is within the user's Music folder in a subfolder called iTunes Media: Music\iTunes\iTunes Media.
Q3: Can I download Apple Music songs in MP3 format on my PC?
A: Apple Music songs are typically encoded in AAC format with DRM protection, but with the help of third-party tools like DRmare Apple Music Converter, you can convert them to MP3 for offline playback on various devices.