Can you download Apple Music on a PC? Of course you can. If you have an active Apple Music subscription and have the Apple Music application (iTunes) installed on your computer, you can easily download songs from Apple Music for offline playback.
However, the songs you officially download from Apple Music are protected, and you can only listen to them for the duration of your subscription. They also cannot be used on other apps or unauthorized devices. So, here we will also introduce you to a better way to download Apple Music to PC in order to listen to it permanently.
View also: How to Download Apple Music to Mac
- Way 1. By Apple Music Preview App
- Way 2. By iTunes
- Way 3. By DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Comparison of the Three Methods
Way 1. How to Download Apple Music on Windows 11 - by Apple Music Preview App
In January 2023, Apple released a preview version of the Apple Music for Windows. It can be installed from the Microsoft App Store and used as a standalone application.
However, the Apple Music Preview app is only available for Windows 11. You cannot use it on Windows 10 and older versions. For users with Windows 10 or older versions, please skip to Part 2 to download Apple Music to PC.
Step 1. Install the Apple Music Preview app from Microsoft App Store on your Windows 11.
Step 2. Log in with your Apple Music account.
Step 3. Find the music you want to save to your PC and click on the '+' button to add it to your library.
Step 4. Click on the 'Download' button next to the song to start the downloading process.
Way 2. How to Download Apple Music on Windows 10 or Older - by iTunes
iTunes is still available on all Windows computers so you can use it to get Apple Music download PC. Please install the iTunes software from Apple's official website first. Also, make sure you have an active Apple Music subscription. You can then add your favorite music to your music library and download it for offline playback.
Note: These saved songs are only available for the duration of your subscription. If you want to keep listening to downloaded music permanently after canceling your subscription, skip to Part 3.
Now let's see how to download Apple Music on PC with iTunes.
1.1 Add Songs to Your Library
Step 1. Launch iTunes from your PC. It may prompt you to sign in, please input your Apple ID and password.
Step 2. Click on 'Music' from the top-left menu.
Step 3. You can click on 'For You', 'Browse', or the 'search field' at the top right to find the songs you want.
Step 4. Click on the '+' button over the songs to add them to your library. (Or you can choose the 'three dots' icon and then select 'Add to Library'.)
1.2 Download Songs to PC
Step 1. Open iTunes and click on 'Music' from the top left corner.
Step 2. Choose the 'Library' tab and find the music you want to save offline.
Step 3. Click on the 'Download' button next to the music to start the downloading process. (Or you can click on the 'three dots' icon and select 'Download'.)
Step 4. Now you can start to enjoy the offline songs on your PC in the 'Downloaded' sidebar on the left.
Way 3. How to Download Apple Music on PC - by DRmare Apple Music Converter
Apple Music has added protection to its music by limiting you to playing its music only on the Apple Music app or iTunes. In addition, you will lose access to the downloaded songs after your subscription expires. So, here we will share a way to download Apple Music on Windows PC while bypassing these two restrictions.
DRmare Apple Music Converter is an all-in-one software that lets you achieve this goal. It can save Apple music to PC up to 30 times faster than Apple Music/iTunes. You can also convert protected Apple Music songs to unprotected audio formats, including MP3, FLAC, etc. After the conversion, you can transfer Apple Music to other devices and play it anywhere.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Support Apple Music, Audible audiobooks, iTunes music, etc.
- Download Apple Music to PC for keeping and use forever
- Run at 30X faster conversion speed while keeping lossless audio quality
- Able to listen to Apple Music offline anywhere and anytime
How to Download Apple Music for PC/Mac
The DRmare Audio Converter is compatible with Windows and Mac computers. And you can install its full version for free by clicking the 'Download' button above.
- Step 1Install and open DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Launch the DRmare Audio Converter and you can see its clean and easy-to-use interface. Note that the trial version will only convert 1/3 of your songs. If you want to convert entire songs, you can buy a license to activate it.
- Step 2Load Apple Music songs to DRmare
- There are two 'Add' buttons (at the bottom-left corner) that allow you to easily import Apple Music files. The first button will open your iTunes music library, and the second button will open your computer's local folder. If you are unable to view your iTunes music library, make sure you have the 'Share iTunes library XML with other applications' option enabled.
- Step 3Set output formats for Apple Music download PC
- The default output format is MP3 and it comes with high quality and good compatibility. If you want to change it, click on the 'Set Output Format' icon at the bottom right. There you are also allowed to customize the codec, channel, etc. according to your needs.
- Step 4Convert and download Apple Music to PC
- At last, you can click the 'Convert' button to start the 30X faster conversion process. The DRmare Audio Converter will batch download all your added songs and save them as local files. When it is done, you can click 'View History' to find Apple Music PC downloads and listen to them offline without limitations. You can also access them in your computer's folder by following the 'Output' path. (You can keep these Apple Music songs forever even if your subscription expires. You can also move them to other devices and play with any other music player.)
Comparison of the Three Methods
You can use the new Apple Music Preview app to download Apple Music to PC. But it is only available for Windows 11 computers. For other Windows systems, you can use iTunes or DRmare Apple Music Converter. Below is a comparison table of these three ways.
|Can Be Used on||Download Speed||Listen Offline||Keep After Unsubscribed||Remove Copyright Protection||Move to Other Devices|
|Use iTunes||Windows/Mac||Original 1X||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Use Apple Music Preview|
|Use DRmare ||Windows/Mac||30 times faster||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Obviously, using DRmare Apple Music Converter to download Apple Music songs is a better way. With it, you can enjoy some privileges that you can't enjoy when using iTunes. You can check them out below.
- Download Apple Music to PC at a 30X speed
- Listen to Apple Music offline even if you cancel your subscription
- Keep the downloaded Apple Music songs for as long as you want
- Transfer Apple Music songs to other devices even if they don't support the Apple Music app
All in all, if you are a fan of Apple Music, you can't miss DRmare Apple Music Converter. It allows you to convert Apple Music to popular audio files and keep them forever. You will be able to listen to Apple Music on any unauthroized device even if your subscription expires.
Leave a Comment