Before subscribing to Apple Music, you can get a 3-month free trial to enjoy over 100 million songs and listen offline. However, once your free trial ends, you will no longer have access to them, even if you downloaded them in advance. Not only that, but Apple Music only restricts its users to play songs on the Apple Music app or iTunes. Therefore, you cannot enjoy Apple Music on MP3 players or other portable devices.
Therefore, a professional Apple Music ripper is essential. It can convert protected Apple Music M4P to popular audio formats. After that, you can use Apple Music on any device. Plus, you can keep them forever even if your subscription expires.
We have tested all the popular Apple Music converters and rippers in the market and listed the top 5 for you. We choose them from the aspects of output quality, conversion speed, output format, price, etc. You can take a look at them and choose one to rip music from Apple Music.
- Top 1. DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Top 2. DRmare Audio Capture
- Top 3. Audacity
- Top 4. CloudConvert
- Top 5. Soundloaders Apple Music Downloader
- Comparison of the 5 Best Apple Music Rippers
Top 1. Best Apple Music Ripper Mac/Windows - DRmare Apple Music Converter
First, let's meet DRmare Apple Music Downloader. It is reputed as the best Apple Music ripper and iTunes ripper. With it, you can rip Apple Music songs and convert them to MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B and WAV.
It works 30 times faster and keeps original sound quality and full ID3 tags. Additionally, you can edit audio channels, sample rate, and more. Then you will get a better Apple Music listening experience.
As a well-designed converter, DRmare Apple Music Converter provides lifetime free updates and technical support. You can try it for free by clicking the "Download" button below.
DRmare Apple Music Downloader
- Remove Apple Music protection and keep lossless audio quality
- Download Apple Music songs to PC and keep them forever
- Batch converting technology with up to 30X faster speed
- Offer lifetime free updates and efficient technical support
🧐Price: Free trial; $14.95/month; $29.95/quarter; $69.95/lifetime
- Support batch conversion
- The conversion speed is 30X
- Six output formats are available
- Keep lossless sound quality
- Maintain original ID3 tags
- The free trial only supports 1-minute conversion of each track
Tutorial: Apple Music Lossless Rip via DRmare Apple Music Ripper
- Step 1Import Apple Music songs to DRmare
- Before starting, please prepare your Apple Music songs on your iTunes library first. You can save all the M4P songs to your computer offline. Then you can install and launch the DRmare software. Then click one of the two "Add Files" buttons at the bottom left to import files from iTunes or computer. There is not a limitation on the quantity of the songs, you can import as many as you want.
- Note: Please ensure the option "Share iTunes XML file with third-party software" is enabled. Otherwise, your Apple Music/iTunes media files can't be recognized well by DRmare Audio Converter.
- Step 2Adjust the output format for Apple Music
- Apple Music is encoded in AAC codec with M4P format. So please choose a new common-used format without protection. If you want lossless quality, you can choose "WAV" or "FLAC". Here we will recommend "MP3" because it has high quality and great compatibility. Also, you can reset the codec, bit rate and more for Apple Music as you want. Once set, click on "OK".
- Step 3Rip Apple Music lossless
- Everything is ready? If so, please just click the "Convert" button. Then all of the songs will be queued to convert automatically. Once done, head to the "converted" button to check the converted Apple Music songs.
Top 2. Apple Music Song Ripper Windows/Mac - DRmare Audio Capture
DRmare Audio Capture is an audio recording tool and can be used as an Apple Music ripper. It can work on both Windows and Mac computers. You can use it to capture any sounds you play from your computer including Apple Music, Spotify, and more. And supports customizing the output parameters including format, codec, channel, and so on.
You can use it to record and rip music from Apple Music to FLAC, MP3, and more formats with original quality. And it allows you to edit the ID3 tags and trim the audio tracks. And then you can save them to your computer for use forever.
🧐Price: Free trial; $14.95/month; $29.95/quarter; $34.95/lifetime
- Support any audio from a computer, such as Tidal, Deezer, and more
- Save audio files as MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4B and M4A
- Keep and edit ID3 tags, like genre, etc
- Only available for Windows/Mac computer
- The output quality is not good as DRmare Apple Music Converter
How to Rip from Apple Music with DRmare Audio Recorder
- Go to DRmare's webpage. Then go ahead to download and install DRmare Audio Capture onto your computer.
- Open DRmare Audio Capture and head to the 'audio' button to set output audio parameters for Apple Music. You can adjust the audio format, codec, and more as you want.
- Back to DRmare main screen. Hit on the 'iTunes' icon. It will show you the screen of the iTunes program.
- Find and play the Apple Music you like. DRmare will automatically detect the sounds and start to record.
- Once recorded, click the 'Save' or 'Edit' icon. Then hit the 'history' icon to find the recorded Apple Music files on your computer.
Top 3. Apple Music Ripper Free - Audacity
The tools above are both professional but need to pay. So, here we will introduce a free tool to help you rip songs from Apple Music for free. The tool we recommend is Audacity.
Audacity is a free audio recording and editing software. Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, it allows recording audio from a mixer or microphone. So, you can use it as a free Apple Music ripper. However, it has some shortcomings such as poor output sound quality, and so on.
- Support to trim, and zoom audio files
- Record audio from many sources
- Output audio files to MP3, AIFF, OGG, and more
- Totally free to use
- Preserve ID3 tags
- A little bit complicated to use
- Record songs in real-time
How to Rip Music from Apple Music with Audacity
- Set up Audacity on your computer.
- Open the Apple Music or iTunes app to play a song you want to rip.
- Touch on the red 'recording' button. Then Audacity will start to rip Apple Music.
- Hit the 'Stop' button to end the process.
- Touch on the 'File' > 'Export' > 'Export as MP3'. Or you can choose other audio formats you like to save Apple Music.
Top 4. Apple Music Ripper Online - CloudConvert
CloudConvert is an online file converter. It can convert not only audio but also video and other media files. When it comes to audio conversion, it supports various audio formats including MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC, AU, WAV, and more. With it, you don't need to download any extra software. You can use it to convert and rip Apple Music to popular audio formats with high-quality kept.
- Convert audio, image, video and more media files
- No need to install an extra app
- High-quality conversions
- A stable and safe file converter
- The output quality is not as good as DRmare Apple Music Converter
How to Get Apple Music Rip with CloudConvert
- Enter the CloudConvert website from the browser.
- Touch on the 'Select File' button to choose your Apple Music files.
- Hit on the 'File Format' button to select the output audio format for Apple Music songs.
- Press on the 'Convert' button to rip from Apple Music.
- Click on the 'Download' button to save the Apple Music files on your computer.
Top 5. Apple Music Ripper Free Online - Soundloaders Apple Music Downloader
Soundloaders supports various streaming music platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and so on. You can use its Apple Music downloader to download and rip Apple Music to MP3 for free. It is an online tool you can use on both desktop and mobile devices.
Although it's an online Apple Music ripper, it can automatically preserve metadata like the artist, cover art, and so on. It's really a good choice if you have no need for other output audio formats.
- Not require to install extra apps
- Can be used on both desktop and mobile
- Free, safe, and easy to use
- Maintain metadata including artist, etc.
- Lower output sound quality
- Only support the MP3 output format
How to Rip from Apple Music with Soudloaders Apple Music Converter
- Navigate to the website of Soundloaders Apple Music Downloader on your mobile or desktop.
- Open the Apple Music app or its web player, and copy the link of the music you want to download.
- Paste the link into the search box of Soundloaders and click on 'Search'.
- Once found the track, click on 'Download' to convert Apple Music to MP3.
Comparison of the 5 Best Apple Music Rippers
Above we have shown you the pros and cons, and how to use these top 5 best rippers for Apple Music. We also compare them in terms of output format, conversion speed, output quality, and more. The table below gives you a quick look at the differences between them.
|DRmare Audio Converter||DRmare Audio Capture||Audacity||CloudConvert||Soundloaders|
|Price||Free trial; $14.95/month; $29.95/quarter; $69.95/lifetime||Free trial; $14.95/month; $29.95/quarter; $34.95/lifetime||Free||Free||Free|
|Supported Platforms||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac||Windows/Mac/Linux||Mobile and desktop web browsers||Mobile and desktop web browsers|
|Output Formats||MP3/FLAC/AAC/ |
|MP3/AAC/AC3/ FLAC/AU/WAV, etc.||MP3|
|Input Formats||Audio from Apple Music, iTunes, Audible, etc.||Any sounds from computer||Any sounds from computer||Audio, Image, Video, etc.||Apple Music|
|Output Quality||Lossless||High-quality||High-quality||Common quality||Common quality|
|ID3 Tags Kept||✔||✔||✔||✘||✔|
|Easy to Use||✔||✔||✘||✔||✔|
From the comparison above, we can see that DRmare Audio Converter is the most powerful one. It is outstanding in batch conversion, high-quality sound, fast conversion speed, etc.
If you want Apple Music lossless rip, please choose DRmare Audio Converter.
If you don't mind the output quality and don't want to install extra apps, use Soundloaders Apple Music Converter.
If you prefer a recording tool, you can choose DRmare Audio Capture or Audacity. The former is more suitable for ripping Apple Music but requires payment. The latter is free to use, but a bit more difficult to operate.
Leave a Comment