"I am tired of the limitation of Spotify Music which limits me to download up to 10000 songs on 3 devices. It is really inconvenient to delete some songs from my Spotify playlists before I can continue to download new tracks on my iPhone each time. Does Apple Music offer unlimited downloads and how can I subscribe to it?"
The music download is one of the big features that Apple Music varies from Spotify. According to Apple official website, users can download any music from the large library with 50 million songs offline to listen across all devices.
But how does it work and is it as good as advertised?
Now let me help you answer all the questions that you will 100% interested.
Part 1. Are There Any Limitations on Apple Music
Apple Music Quick Introduction
Apple Music is one of the top streaming music platforms like Spotify, Amazon, Google Play in the world. It was not released until June 8, 2015. But it has been increasing quickly with its large base of iOS users and the fantastic feature of Beat 1 radio which broadcasts live to over 100 countries 24 hours a day. As of now, Apple Music has superseded Spotify as the most popular music source in USA.
Apple Music doesn't have a free tier service, but it offers up to 3 months free trial. Anyone can sign up the free trial to enjoy the full features such as unlimited skips for Apple Music radio stations, unlimited listening for all the songs from the Apple Music library as well as your own iTunes library which you upload to iCloud..
How to Sign Up Apple Music
If you like Apple Music, you can subscribe to it from any devices, iOS, Android, Apple Watch, Apple TV, PC, HomePod, Sonos.
For PCs, you can do it from iTunes.
#1. Open iTunes and go to "For You" tab.
#2. Click the "Trial Offer" menu, choose your subscription type and input your Apple ID and password.
#3. Confirm your payment details and the subscription will be on.
For portable devices, you can sign up from the Apple Music app. Here I take iPhone for example.
#1. Launch the Music app from your iPhone.
#2. Scroll down to find the trial offer and click it.
#3. Input the related info like subscription type, account and payment info to confirm.
Does Apple Music Has No Limitations
On one hand, it is right that after you get the membership you can download unlimited songs from Apple Music to any compatible devices as long as you have big enough space and large bandwidth.
But on the other hand, unlike other songs you bought and downloaded from iTunes, the songs you downloaded from Apple Music are merely cached on your local devices. This means it is not limitless.
#1. You can only download songs to the device with authorization of Apple ID and password.
#2. You need to have a live membership to keep the downloaded Apple Music. Else they will miss from your library.
#3. You can't distribute Apple Music outside of Apple's ecosystem.
Part 2. Best Solutions to Apple Music Unlimited Downloads
With that in mind, you can't keep the Apple Music unlimited downloads forever for free. If your 3 months free trial expires, you won't enjoy the downloaded songs anymore.
This is not good for users who live in a budget such as students.
But I sincerely hope that this won't be a factor to make you change your mind to not subscribe to Apple Music because honestly there is few music platforms that offer common music without limitation.
For instance, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play Music all combined with DRM protection.
Don't worry. Although Apple Music is limited, you can still get unlimited downloads by using the third party DRmare Apple Music Downloader for Windows/Mac. It is a lossless and faster downloader with unmatched music quality and converting speed. Following are the main features of it which are loved by a lot of satisfied customers all over the world.
DRmare Apple Music Song Downloader
- Convert Apple Music M4P to many formats MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC
- Remove Apple Music DRM to transfer them to any portable players, devices
- Up to 30X faster speed, save you a lot of time to batch download favorite music
- Automatically capture the ID3 tags, metadata and archive your music
With this tool, you can technically give away all other music converting tools for its powerful features. It is not a free music unlimited downloader, but the trial version is available for free download. If you are interested in it, just go ahead to try it out for free.
Personally I'd highly recommend you to use this tool to download unlimited Apple Music before your 3 months Apple Music membership is expired.
- Step 1Load Apple Music tracks
- DRmare software doesn't download songs directly from the server of Apple Music. But don't worry, it doesn't matter with that. You just need to save your Apple Music to your iTunes library first. And then you can drag & drop or click "Add Files" to load the songs from iTunes library to the DRmare software to help you remove any limitations. Technically you can import unlimited tracks to convert a time.
- Note: To make sure your iTunes media files are recognized well by DRmare, please enable the option "Share iTunes XML file with third party software" in iTunes.
- Step 2Change the output format
- Depends the devices which you want to play the Apple Music on, you can select a compatible format you like. If you don't know which format is supported, you won't be wrong to choose "MP3" which is an universal format.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to common songs
- No matter how many songs you imported, you just need to click "Convert" button once, then all of them will be downloaded to DRM free songs to your local computer. By doing that, the Apple Music will be kept forever even if you unsubscribe it in future.
Part 3. Apple Music Unlimited Download Recap
With the monthly subscription, you can get Apple Music unlimited downloads for all your iOS devices, computers and so on. You can try it out for free for 3 months. After that, you will lose such privileges if you don't pay $9.99 membership monthly.
To help you keep your Apple Music downloads forever after trial period, you can also try the top DRmare Apple Music Downloader to help you remove any DRM limitations for free . With the fast converting speed and lossless quality, it will save much efforts and money on music enjoying.
Personally I think this is the best way to get unlimited Apple Music. What do you think? Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts with us.