"Does Tidal work with Virtual DJ?" Yes. Virtual DJ is an audio and video mixing program. It runs on Microsoft Windows and macOS. So, many users would like to use it to mix their favorite music. While Tidal offers HiFi audio quality music and users like to use them in Virtual DJ.
Also, Virtual DJ supports several music streaming services, like Deezer, SoundCloud and more. Luckily, there is Virtual DJ Tidal support. So, Tidal users can stream Tidal on Virtual DJ for mixing with ease.
In this post, we will show two ways for you to use Tidal in Virtual DJ. They include online and offline methods. Now, check out the guides below and learn more.
- Part 1. Connect Tidal Virtual DJ Online
- Part 2. Use Tidal with Virtual DJ Offline
- Part 3. FAQs about Tidal and Virtual DJ
- Part 4. The Verdict
Part 1. How to Use Tidal on Virtual DJ Online
Does Virtual DJ work with Tidal? Now, there is Tidal Virtual DJ integration and a Tidal plugin on Virtual DJ. On Virtual DJ, users can mix music tracks they like. And they can add effects, and more to the tracks. To use Virtual DJ and Tidal, you need to have a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account. After that, you can follow the steps below to see how to connect Tidal music to Virtual DJ online for mixing.
Step 1. Launch the Virtual DJ program on your computer. And then click on the 'Online Music' option.
Step 2. Locate 'Tidal' from the list and right-click on it. Then hit on the 'Sign In' option.
Step 3. Now, you will see a pop-up window. In there, you need to log in to your Tidal account.
Step 4. When logged in, you can close the window.
Step 5. Head to the left-side panel to find Tidal and then click on it. Then you can go to browse the Tidal catalog includes Tidal playlists/albums and more. Also, you can search for a target Tidal track.
At last, you can drag and drop songs from Tidal to Virtual DJ's deck. And you can start to mix Tidal with Virtual DJ online.
- Connect Tidal to Virtual DJ online directly
- No need to download music on Tidal in advance
- Need to connect to a stable network
- It is difficult to locate your desired Tidal audio tracks
Part 2. How to Connect Virtual DJ Tidal Offline
From the above, we know that Virtual DJ can work with Tidal online. Yet, you can't make it offline in an official way. Luckily, Virtual DJ supports to add local audio files for mixing. So, we can import a local track from Tidal to Virtual DJ for offline use. But, Virtual DJ only allows MP3, WAV and other common files while Tidal files are protected in a special format. In this case, we need to change the Tidal audio format to a Virtual DJ-compatible format first.
n this part, we'd like to introduce the professional tool for you to get Tidal music for use on Virtual DJ. This program is DRmare Tidal Music Converter. It is designed for converting Tidal music to plain audio formats.
It can convert Tidal music to FLAC, MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV. And it can download Tidal music to your computer as local audio files. With the advanced technology, it can keep the original audio quality and full ID3 tags from Tidal. You can see the titles, albums, artists, and more in the converted Tidal audio. And then you can manage the Tidal music tracks.
After the conversion, you can import Tidal music to Virtual DJ offline for mixing without any limitations. Also, you can move Tidal audio files to multiple devices for use offline.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter
- Download playlists from Tidal to computer as local files
- Convert Tidal to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and so on
- Enable to mix Tidal on Virtual DJ and other DJ programs
- Retain ID3 tags and original quality of Tidal tracks
Section 1. How to Download and Convert Tidal Songs for Virtual DJ
Please download & install DRmare Tidal Music Converter and the Tidal app on your computer first. Once done, then you could follow the steps below to start to download Tidal music for Virtual DJ.
- Step 1Open DRmare Tidal Music Converter
- Open DRmare Tidal Music Converter, then you will get its main screen. Also, you will see the Tidal music app pop up at the same time.
- Step 2Set output format for Virtual DJ Tidal
- Touch the menu icon from the top-right corner of the DRmare program. Then you can select 'Preferences' from the list and tap 'Convert' in the setting window. Next, you could adjust the output format, channel, bit rate, sample rate, and more for Tidal files. You can also reset the output path to save the converted Tidal music tracks on your computer. After that, press 'OK'.
- Step 3Add Tidal audio to DRmare
- Find the Tidal playlist you want to convert for Virtual DJ on the Tidal app. Then touch the playlist and drag it to the DRmare tool. Or, copy and put its link into the search bar on the DRmare tool. And then click on '+'.
- Step 4Convert Tidal songs for Virtual DJ
- Now, hit on the 'Convert' button. DRmare Tidal Music Converter will run and download Tidal songs on computer for you. When the conversion completes, you could press the 'Converted' button with a red spot on it. Then you can find the converted Tidal files on your computer.
Section 2. How to Use Tidal with Virtual DJ Offline
Now, you got Tidal music as local files on your computer. It's time to import Tidal to Virtual DJ and use Tidal in Virtual DJ program offline. Please take a look at the steps below and see how to do that.
Way 1. Link Virtual DJ and Tidal via Local Folder
Step 1. Set up Virtual DJ software on your PC. Or install it first if you haven't installed it before.
Step 2. Press the 'Local Music' option at the bottom left of the Virtual DJ program. And then locate the converted Tidal music files folder.
Step 3. Click on the folder and select a single track. Then double-click on the track and Virtual DJ will get it into and on-playing deck. Or you could also drag & drop the converted Tidal files to Virtual DJ.
Way 2. Add Tidal to Virtual DJ by iTunes
You can also get Tidal Virtual DJ offline to work via iTunes on Virtual DJ. Please note that you need to add Tidal music to iTunes in advance before starting. After then, let's go ahead.
Step 1. Open the Virtual DJ program from your desktop.
Step 2. Go to the 'Local Music' menu on the left side on Virtual DJ.
Step 3. Right-click on the 'iTunes' option to find the added Tidal music files on iTunes.
Step 4. Choose the target Tidal music tracks you want to use in Virtual DJ.
Step 5. Right-click the Tidal track and then choose 'Load' to get it into Virtual DJ.
After that, you will connect Virtual DJ Tidal. And then you can use Tidal on Virtual DJ without any limit.
- Support to mix Tidal with Virtual DJ offline anywhere and anytime
- No need a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account to download Tidal music and use Tidal Virtual DJ together
- Support to use Tidal offline on Virtual DJ or any other DJ program
- Have to download track from Tidal for use in advance
Part 3. FAQs about Virtual DJ and Tidal
Q1: Does Virtual DJ Work with Tidal?
A: Yes. Virtual DJ now supports Tidal, Deezer, Beatport and more music streaming services. To use them, you need to subscribe to the music service first. And you need to connect to the network connection.
Q2: What Audio Formats Do Virtual DJ Support?
A: Virtual DJ is compatible with kinds of audio formats. They include MP3, AAC, OGG, WAV and so on.
Q3: Why Is Tidal Not Showing on Virtual DJ?
A: If you can't see the Tidal folder under the 'Online Music' folder on Virtual DJ, then right-click on 'Online Music'. And then choose 'Show:Tidal' to check whether it will display later.
Q4: Can I Use Virtual DJ Tidal Offline?
A: In fact, Virtual DJ doesn't support to use Tidal offline in a direct way. But you can use DRmare Tidal Music Converter to save Tidal songs to local files. Then you can add Tidal music to Virtual DJ for mixing offline with ease.
Part 4. In Conclusion
With the two ways above, you can connect Tidal Virtual DJ online and offline. If you are a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscriber, then you can access Tidal on Virtual DJ online. If you want to mix Tidal with Virtual DJ offline for free, then you can use DRmare Tidal Music Downloader. It will help download Tidal tracks offline on your computer. Then you can import Tidal songs to Virtual DJ for use offline without any limits.
Leave a Comment