Q: "Can I listen to Apple Music without a subscription? I've downloaded all my favorite playlists and now I want to cancel my Apple Music subscription. Can I listen to these playlists after I cancel my subscription?"
Actually, no. Apple Music is a subscription-based streaming music platform. You can only access its music library by subscribing to it. Even if you previously downloaded songs, they will disappear once your subscription expires. So, now you can't listen to them anymore. But don't worry, below we will show you the best way to play Apple Music without subscription.
Part 1. Can You Listen to Apple Music without a Subscription
As mentioned above, if you cancel your Apple Music subscription or your free trial ends, you will lose access to any music you've added from Apple Music. The main reason is that songs in Apple Music are protected and encoded in a special M4P format. This format is only accessible on authorized Apple devices using the Apple Music app or iTunes. So, to listen to Apple Music without subscription, you need to remove this protection and convert Apple Music to a common format like MP3.
Thankfully, DRmare Apple Music Converter lets you do just that. It allows you to download and convert Apple Music tracks to MP3, AAC, M4A, etc. at 30X faster speed. Original sound quality and ID3 tag and metadata information will be preserved intact. So you can back up your Apple Music downloads and keep them playable on any platform forever. That way, you can easily listen to Apple Music even without a membership.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Part 2. How to Use Apple Music without a Subscription
After understanding the principle of DRmare Apple Music Converter, let's see how to use it to get Apple Music working without subscription.
- Step 1Install DRmare Audio Converter and add files
- Please click on the 'Download' button in Part 1 to download and install the DRmare Apple Music Converter. Then open it and you'll see its simple user interface. You can simply drag and drop your downloaded Apple Music files into it. Or you can click on the 'Add Audio' button at the bottom left to load files.
- See also: How to Download Apple Music to Mac, How to Download Apple Music to PC
- Step 2Customize the output settings for Apple Music
- The default output format is MP3 and it is compatible with most devices and players. If you want to change to another format, click the 'Format' icon at the bottom right. There you can also customize the channel, bit rate, etc. Remember to click on 'OK' after that.
- Step 3Download and convert Apple Music songs
- Finally, click on the 'Convert' button and this software will batch download all your added Apple Music files at a 30X faster speed. 100% metadata including sound quality and ID3 tags like album art, title, etc. will also be preserved.
- Step 4Listen to Apple Music without subscription
- After the conversion process is over, you can get regular Apple Music files by clicking the 'Converted' folder or the 'History' list. The 'Converted' folder will open your computer folder, and the 'History' list will show all the Apple Music songs you downloaded in this software, where you can listen directly. You can also move these converted files to other devices or players for playback.
Part 3. In Conclusion
Now you know how to listen to Apple Music without subscription. All you need is DRmare Apple Music Converter, which allows you to convert Apple Music tracks to MP3 and other formats with lossless sound quality. You just need to sign up for a 3-month free trial of Apple Music, and then use DRmare Apple Music Converter to backup your Apple Music playlists. You can then cancel your subscription and listen to Apple Music on any device, using any music player.