Q: "I try to import Spotify music to Avidemux recently for video editing. Yet it is impossible to do it. Any way you know to do it? I will be appreciated for your help."
As a free video editor for cutting, filtering and encoding, Avidemux enjoys high popularity among users. It supports many types of files. So it is convenient for you to make a perfect video. But you can not directly add Spotify music to it for your video editing. Why? And how to make Spotify available on Avidemux? Let's get it in the following parts!
Part 1. Import Spotify Music to Avidemux - Why You Fail
As you see, Spotify music can not be sent to Avidemux. Even if you are a subscriber of Spotify, you can only be permitted to download the music for listening inside the Spotify app.
The main reason is that Spotify and Avidemux support different formats. The Spotify files are in the format of OGG Vorbis. While the audio file formats of Avidemux are MP2, MP3, AC3, DCA, Vorbis, AMR Narrow Band, and AAC. As a result, you need to change the Spotify tracks to ordinary formats that Avidemux supports.
Part 2. Stream Spotify Tracks to Avidemux - Tool Required
The format conversion between Spotify and Avidemux can be done with the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. What's DRmare Spotify Music Converter? It is a tool that is professional to convert music from Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B and WAV. Therefore, you can set the output format of Spotify files as MP3 and AAC. Then the converted playlists from Spotify are compatible with Avidemux. So finally, you can edit videos with Spotify music freely in Avidemux.
Besides, running at 5X faster speed, the DRmare software gives you back lossless Spotify tracks with ID3 tags preserved. That is to say, you are able to add what you need from Spotify to Avidemux without errors for video editing.
DRmare Spotify to Avidemux Converter
Part 3. Add Spotify Music to Avidemux - What to Do
Now you may wonder how to get the converted Spotify playlists for Avidemux. Take it easy. Just follow the detailed tutorial below!
- Step 1Upload Spotify Tracks to DRmare
- First of all, download and launch the DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your PC. The DRmare Spotify to Avidemux Converter can be used both for Win and Mac operating systems. Surprisingly the Spotify app will be opened at the same time. Now you need to select the songs in Spotify and drag them to the clean interface of DRmare program. You can additionally choose to copy the URL of the songs and paste it to the search bar. Click the '+' button, the Spotify playlist will be loaded at once.
- Step 2Make Settings of Parameters for Avidemux
- Hit the 'Preference' button on the top right. You are allowed to set the output format as MP3 or AAC for Avidemux. For a better quality, the channel, bit rate and sample rate needs to be reset. What's more, the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader enables you to archive the output tracks by Artist/Album or Artist. You can also set the speed as 1X to avoid unexpected errors during the conversion process. Tap on the 'Converted' icon on the bottom, you can then choose your favorite output folder. You'd better set output bit rate as 320 kbps and sample rate as 44,100 Hz to improve listening experience if you hold a free account of Spotify.
- Step 3Convert Spotify Playlists for Avidemux
Drop your mouse on the 'Convert' button. The Spotify to Avidemux conversion will begin. The time needed depends on how many songs you add to the DRmare tool. Songs can be converted in batch in time. In the process, the data of songs such as title, genre, year, composer, group, cover and so on can be all saved. In the end, you can locate the transferred Spotify files in the output folder.
Note: You can get the fully converted Spotify tracks if you buy the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Or you can just gain a one-third file of each song of Spotify with a free trial version and make your decision later.
- Step 4Import Music from Spotify to Avidemux
After you finish the conversion and get the converted Spotify files, it's time for you to import them to Avidemux. Launch Avidemux. Click the 'Audio' icon on the top bar and hit the 'Select Track' option. In this way, you can successfully add songs from Spotify to Avidemux for your video editing.