Google Pixel 2/2XL is the second generation mobile phone designed by Google. It doesn't have the traditional 3.5 mm headphone jack, but it integrates a mix of unique and fantastic features such as a stellar design, active edge, waterproofing and high resolution camera. Another advantage to get Pixel phone instead of other Android mobile devices is that it has best support for the Google services like Google Maps/Calendar/Drive/Docs/Assistant, Google Play Music which is the default music service and so on.
If you enjoy music, you can ask the smart voice assistant to stream Google Play Music directly without using your hand. But what about Spotify? Can you play Spotify on Pixel too? Today I will explore the answer and find the solutions for you here.
View also: How to Transfer iTunes M4V to Google Pixel
Part 1. Everything You Need to Know on Using Spotify on Google Pixel 2/2 XL
Spotify is the most favored streaming music online. It supports a variety of devices from Android phones, iOS devices, game consoles, smart tv boxes to car stereos. Generally it takes only a few clicks to set up it. But to get the best use of Spotify music on Pixel, here are a few things you need to note.
Install Spotify on Pixel Phone
Step 1. Log on the Google Play Store, search "Spotify" and then click "Install" button.
Step 2. It takes a few seconds/minutes to install to your Pixel 2/2 XL depending on the downloading speed.
Step 3. After that, you can launch the Spotify app and login with your account to start enjoying music. If you don't have an account yet, you can simply sign up one.
Play Spotify with Google Assistant
The voice assistant is powerful enough to understand a lot of commands to play Spotify songs, but it won't work unless you link Spotify to your account.
Step 1. Press and hold the Home button to open Google Assistant from your Pixel.
Step 2. Tab the blue drawer icon to open the assistant menu > Click the three-dot menu > Choose "Settings".
Step 3. Click the "Music" menu, you will see a list of services such as YouTube Music, Pandora, please click "Link" menu under Spotify service.
Step 4. You can input the Spotify account name and password to connect it.
Step 5. Finally, you can use the command “Ok, Google, play [Song Name] from Spotify" to enjoy the music you like. Other commands to control the playback include Pause/Resume/Next/Skip/Previous/Find info and so on.
Show Spotify on Lock Screen
Spotify has a great feature to show the songs you are listening on the lock screen so that you don't need to unlock it to find what is the track you are listening to. This is pretty useful when are driving a car. In case it doesn't work, you just need to change the settings.
Settings > Go to Lock Screen and Security > Notifications on Lock Screen > Spotify > Show
This is the official way to play Spotify songs on Pixel. You can access to millions of songs online for free if you don't care about the random ads and some limitations. Else if you'd like to listen to the songs offline and skip any songs you don't want, play music with Google Assistant, then you will have to pay the $10 monthly subscription fee.
Part 2. Further Tips: Move Spotify Playlists to Google Pixel for Free
As a mobile phone, you may use Google Pixel mostly on the go when you are taking a train, driving a car, on a plane. To listen to Spotify playlist offline, you are required to subscribe to the premium account by paying $10 every month. It is not much but it could end up costing you hundreds or thousands of dollars for years. If you mainly listen to a fixed style of songs, it is not worth to pay for the fee because you can use third party software to extract the Spotify songs offline and transfer them to your Google Pixel 2/2 XL.
DRmare Spotify Music to Pixel Converter for Windows/Mac stands out from a list of streaming music recorders on the market. No other software come close to it in terms of the converting efficiency and the output audio quality. It offers a fully functional trial version for free, you can download it to see if it meet your requirements or not. Just click "Download" button and then follow the steps to do that.
View also: [Hot Review] Top 5 Spotify to MP3 Converters
DRmare Spotify Album Converter for Windows/Mac
- Clean and beautiful screen, focus on converting streaming music only
- Batch download tracks at up to 5X speed while keeping original quality
- Encode Spotify to MP3, AAC, M4A for mobile devices like Galaxy S9, LG G7, Pixel
- Keep ID 3 tags, meta data such as the album cover, artist, genre, author
- Step 1Load Spotify tracks to the main screen
- Start DRmare software and then drag & drop the songs or playlists/album/tracks from the Spotify to the DRmare software screen, it will understand what files you want to convert and import them to the software working area. Note: Please make sure the songs are available online, else they won't be converted.
- Step 2Customize output audio format
- WAV and FLAC are both lossless formats which are supposed to have best quality but they have really big size. What's more, you won't hear any difference when converting to a MP3 file or a lossless file on Pixel phone. So MP3 will be the best option for you. Please click the top software menu > choose "Preferences", then you can customize the output format, channel, sample rate, bit rate etc.
- Step 3Start recording Spotify music
- To get the Spotify to your local computer, please just click "Convert" button, it will start to encoding the songs in batch. During this time, you don't have to sit in front of the computer but go to do anything else you want. Note: The trial version is limited to convert 3 minutes for each song. If you want to get full length music, you just need to pay the one-time free $19.95 for a lifetime use.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify songs to Pixel
- After extracting the Spotify songs offline, you can simply connect your Pixel 2/2XL to the computer via an USB Type-C cable and then you can copy and paste to move the converted music to Pixel internal storage.
With DRmare software, you will get the best experience download and listen to Spotify songs offline on Pixel mobile phone just like the good old days where downloadable music are easily accessible. Since the songs are local files, you don't need to worry about paying extra money for cellular data plan or Spotify Premium subscription fee.