How to Get Spotify Duo Premium Plan
At the early July, 2020, Spotify launched a premium plan named Premium Duo for couples. This newest Spotify Duo premium plan costs only $12.99 a month and allows two people who live at the same place to share one plan while keeping their own accounts. The two people could be your partner, parent, housemate, or any combination of two. With the Spotify Premium Duo plan, you can both enjoy your own music without disruptions on your own account.
If you are new to Spotify Duo, then you could read on this post. Here we are going to show you more about Spotify Duo plan and other tips for you. Just check it out here and see whether the new plan is suitable for you.
Part 1. What Is Spotify Duo Premium Plan
Spotify Premium Duo plan had begun to test more than one year ago and now has launched in July, 2020. Currently it is available in the US, UK and more than 50 other countries. This plan allows couples or two people living together to each have a premium account for a total price of $12.99 a month. It will save $2 per month comparing to the Spotify Family plan.
What You Will Get from Spotify Duo Plan
When subscribing to Spotify Duo, you could not only keep all your playlists, music and recommendations but also enjoy the features as below.
1. No ads interruptions. You can enjoy ad-free music with your account.
2. Support to download music for offline listening.
3. Support to stream music at a higher bitrate.
4. Can play any songs you want on your mobile phone, instead of having to choose from Spotify's playlists or listen to things on shuffle.
5. Exclusive Duo Mix playlist which is a playlist for two, regularly updated with music you both enjoy.
6. Unlimited skips. Just hit next.
Duo Mix - Exclusive Playlist
Spotify Premium Duo also provides a new playlist named the Duo Mix for users. When you are on Spotify Duo Premium plan, it will combine both people's music preferences into one playlist. You can click on the three dot icon to join and there are toggles for you to press to have Spotify make the playlist more upbeat or more chill.
Part 2. How to Sign Up Spotify Duo Premium Plan
If you want to subscribe to Spotify Duo Premium, then you could follow the steps below and see how to do that.
Step 1. Sign up for a new Spotify account or log in with your Spotify account on Spotify official website.
Step 2. Enter your address and you will get a link to invite someone you live with to join by email, WhatsApp, etc.
Step 3. Once they accepted the invitation and enter the same address, then both of them confirm the address and they are both on Duo.
Note: If you are an Individual plan user, you can upgrade to Duo plan directly. If you are a Family plan user, then you are not allowed to change your subscription now.
Part 3. Spotify Premium Plans Comparison
As Spotify launched the Spotify Duo plan, now there are four premium plan on Spotify. They are Spotify Individual plan, Spotify Duo plan, Spotify Family plan and Spotify Student plan. What is the differences among Spotify Premium Duo and the other three plans? Have you compared them before choosing the plan for you? If not, here we will show the differences between them in details for your reference.
Spotify Duo Plan vs Spotify Individual Plan
The Spotify Individual Premium costs $9.99/month of one account while the Spotify Duo Premium takes only $12.99/month with two separate accounts. If you live with your friend and want to save budget on Spotify, Duo is a nice option for you.
Spotify Duo Plan vs Spotify Family Plan
These two plans are a little bit similar. The big difference between them is that Spotify Premium Duo supports two accounts prices while Family supports up to six accounts. If there are more than two people living in your home, Family plan can save more money. But if there is just two people, then you should go to Duo plan.
Spotify Duo Plan vs Spotify Student Plan
If you are a student, then Spotify Student Premium is the best choice for you. It just costs $4.99 per month, and you could access to Hulu's ad-supported plan and ShowTime. If one or both of you are student, then the Student plan is better than the Duo plan for you.
Below is the comparison table which show you a clear comparison of the four plans of Spotify.
||Spotify Individual Premium
||Spotify Duo Premium
||Spotify Family Premium
||Spotify Student Premium
Up to 6 accounts
1. Listen to ad-free music
2. Play anywhere even offline
3. On-demand playback
1. Two separate premium accounts for two people under one roof
2. Offer Duo Mix playlist
3. Play ad-free music
4. Support offline and on-demand playback
1. Six premium accounts for family members under one roof
2. Provide Family Mix
3. Block explicit music
4. Play music without ads
5. Offline and on-demand playback
6. Spotify Kids: a special app for kids up to age 12
1. Enjoy Hulu (ad-supported) plan
3. Support to play ad-free music
4. Play offline anywhere
5. On-demand playback
Part 4. How to Get Spotify Music without Premium Plan
Spotify premium plan allows users to enjoy better listening on Spotify. But if you don't want to pay for it each month and still want to enjoy the Spotify music like the premium users, then you could find a third-party tool to help you. Is there such a tool? The answer is yes.
This tool is DRmare Spotify Downloader Mac, which can help you download Spotify music without premium and enjoy the music offline anywhere. It can convert the Spotify music to FLAC, AAC, MP3, WAV and other common audio files with original audio quality. Also, it can retain the full ID3 tags like genre, artist, title, album, etc. of Spotify tracks.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Support to download any playlist, track, album from Spotify
- Batch convert Spotify OGG songs to MP3, M4A, M4B, WAV
- Support to enhance the Spotify audio bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Play Spotify music on any other devices and platforms on the go
How to Download Spotify Audios without Premium
- Step 1Import Spotify songs to DRmare
- Install and open DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Enter to the pop-up Spotify app to find the music you want to download and play offline. Then drag and drop them to the main interface of DRmare program. Or copy the link of the tracks, then paste them to the search box on the top of DRmare. Next, the Spotify music tracks will be loaded into DRmare.
- Step 2Customize the output format
- DRmare allows users to define the output audio format for their music. You could choose one of the audio formats you like for your audio files. And then adjust the bit rate, sample rate, channel to enhance the music audio quality.
- Step 3Download Spotify music
- Finally, you could click on the 'Convert' button to convert and download Spotify music without premium plan. After then, you could check the 'Converted' button to locate the converted Spotify music files on your PC. Then you can save the Spotify audios forever and use them offline on any other devices on the go.