Spotify offers both free and paid services. Through its free service, users can access millions of songs and playlists with ads, but with a limited number of skips. If you subscribe to Spotify Premium, you'll get an ad-free listening experience, unlimited skips, and offline playback. You can also enjoy high-quality audio streaming and exclusive content.
As for the Premium subscription, there are a few other plans including Family, Student, and Duo. Spotify Family allows up to six family members to share a subscription at a discounted price. Spotify Student offers discounted subscriptions to qualifying students. Spotify Duo is designed for two people living at the same address. In this article, we'll focus on Spotify Student Premium. Read on and learn everything about it.
View also: Tricks to Get Spotify Premium for Free
Part 1. What Is Spotify Student Discount & Its Benefits
Spotify launched a discounted premium subscription service for students back in 2014. At the time, the service was only available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany. The product is currently sold to over 36 countries in all continents including Europe, Asia, America and Oceania. Students at any accredited higher education institution can receive 45% off a Spotify Premium subscription and a free Hulu subscription (with ads).
How Much Is Spotify Premium Student
A full Spotify Premium subscription is $10.99/month. If you're an eligible student, you can get Spotify Premium at a discounted price of $5.99/month. If you were previously a Premium Member, you will begin to be paid once your previous membership ends. If you're a free or new Spotify user, you can get 1 month of Premium for free, then get Spotify Premium for a discounted $5.99 per month.
Who Is Eligible for Spotify Student Plan
To qualify for the Spotify Student, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university: This includes undergraduate and graduate programs.
- 18 years or older: You must be 18 years or older to register for a Spotify account.
- Provide proof of enrollment: Spotify requires proof of enrollment to confirm your student status. It will be done through the third-party verification service SheerID.
NOTE: If your school is not listed on the SheerID verification form, you are currently not eligible.
How Long Can I Enjoy Spotify Student Discount
When you subscribe, you can take advantage of the discount for up to 48 months. But you need to verify you are still a student every year to keep your subscription. Otherwise, your subscription will switch to regular Spotify Premium, priced at $10.99 per month.
What Are the Benefits of Spotify Premium Student
- Enjoy uninterrupted music streaming without any ads.
- Skip as many tracks as you want.
- Download Spotify music for offline listening.
- Stream Spotify music in a higher-quality audio.
- Access to exclusive content such as live recordings, podcasts, and artist interviews.
- Watch full seasons of streaming series, movies, etc. with Hulu's ad-supported plan.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify Premium Student Discount
Simply verify that you're an eligible student and it's easy to take advantage of your Spotify student discount. Spotify does this by using a third-party digital credential verification platform - SheerID. It requires your first and last name, college name, date of birth, etc. to check your registration status.
Note: If you don't pass this verification process, you can also contact Spotify and submit your student information such as student ID. Spotify will manually verify your status.
Now let's see how to sign up for Spotify Student Plan.
Step 1. Head to the official website of Spotify for Student page and click on 'Get 1-month Free'.
Step 2. You will need to log in to your Spotify account. If you don't have an account, click 'Sign up for Spotify'.
Step 3. After that, you need to provide your student information and click on 'Verify'.
Step 4. If you can't find your school, you can click 'Manually Verify'. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. It may take several days to confirm your student status. Once verified, you will be redirected to process your payment. Then you can enjoy Spotify Premium Student.
Part 3. How to Switch to Student Spotify
Whether you are a Spotify free or Premium user, you can easily switch to Premium Student. Switching from Spotify Free to Student Premium is the same as signing up for Student Premium for the first time. So we won’t repeat the explanation. You can do this simply by following the steps in Part 2. Now we'll show you how to switch from Premium to Student Spotify.
Step 1. Go to the Spotify website and log in to your Spotify account.
Step 2. Click on 'Premium' at the top and then scroll down to choose 'Spotify Premium for Students'.
Step 3. You will be redirected to the new page. Click on 'Get Started' and you need to verify your student status. Once verified, you can complete the payment and start your Spotify Dtudent Plan.
Step 4. If you can't find your school, you can click 'Manual Verification'. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. It may take several days to confirm your student status. Once verified, you will be redirected to process your payment. Then you can enjoy Student Spotify Premium.
Part 4. How to Get Spotify Student Discount Without Being a Student
In fact, if you're not a student, you can't get Spotify Premium Student. But we found another way for you - enjoy Spotify Premium features for free without a subscription. The tool you need is DRmare Spotify Music Downloader, which allows you to enjoy ad-free Spotify music offline without any restrictions.
It is a dedicated Spotify music downloader and converter that allows Spotify Free and Premium users to download any music from Spotify to MP3 or other common formats. It automatically removes all the annoying ads on Spotify during the download process. Even better, you can move the converted Spotify MP3 files to other devices for offline listening, such as MP3 players, smart speakers, etc. In conclusion, with DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you can enjoy Spotify Premium without a membership subscription.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Full Spotify music category support, download any playlist, track, album, etc.
- Batch convert Spotify songs to MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, WAV at 5x
- Full customization features, help you enhance the audio bit rate, sample rate
- The converted files can be played on unlimited devices on the go
- Step 1Import Spotify music
- DRmare supports to download music from both the free and premium account. You can launch DRmare software and find the songs you want to download from the Spotify. After that, you can drag and drop the albums, playsts from Spotify app to DRmare software. Or you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify music into DRmare's address box and click '+'.
- Step 2Set the output parameters
- DRmare set the output format as MP3 by default. In general, you don't need to change it. And you can adjust the bit rate and sample rate to customize the output audio parameters. To do that, open the 'Menu' icon from the top-right corner and then choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert'.
- Step 3Download Spotify music offline
- In the end, you can one click on the "Convert" button. DRmare software will promptly expoerts the Spotify Songs to MP3 as you want. You can enjoy the songs anywhere forever.
Part 5. FAQs about Spotify Student Discount
Q1: How Much Is Student Spotify?
A: It costs $5.99/month. But the exact price may vary by location and currency.
Q2: Can I Switch to Spotify Student If I Am Already a Premium Student?
A: Yes. Once you meet the eligibility criteria for the Spotify Student Plan, you can switch Spotify to Student easily. You will be paid after your original subscription ends.
Q3: What Happens When I Graduate or Leave School?
A: You can continue to use Premium Student for 12 months from the date of subscription. But you need to re-verify your eligibility every 12 months. Once you are unable to re-verify, you will no longer be eligible for Premium Student status.
Q4: Why Did My Spotify Student Discount Stop?
A: If your Spotify Student plan has stopped, there could be a number of reasons. Here are some possible reasons:
- Your student status is not verified: Spotify requires you to verify your student status to receive your student discount. Additionally, your student status needs to be re-verified every twelve months. So check if the student identity is verified.
- You are no longer eligible for a student discount: If you are no longer attending an accredited college or university or have graduated, you are no longer eligible for a student discount.
- Payment issues: If there is a problem with your payment method or billing information, your student discount will be stopped.
A: If you have a Spotify Premium Student account but don't subscribe to Hulu, go to your Spotify account page and choose 'Account overview' > 'Activate Hulu'.
If you already subscribe to Spotify Premium and Hulu, make sure your Hulu account is billed directly through Hulu and has the same email associated with Spotify. If it's different, you can change your Hulu email.
Part 6. In Conclusion
Spotify Student Premium gives users an affordable way to listen to Spotify music. But not all users are eligible for it. Therefore, we also provide you a better way - download Spotify songs without Premium using DRmare Spotify Converter and enjoy ad-free music. With it, you don’t need to subscribe to Premium to enjoy Spotify Premium features. Even better, you can move your Spotify songs to listen to any incompatible device.