Pro Tools is a DAW (digital audio workstation) for Windows and Mac computers. It can be used to create and produce music, record audio, edit audio and so on. But can you route Spotify music into Pro Tools?
Of course, yes. You can use Spotify in Pro Tools with ease after reading this post. Here we will introduce a third-party tool to help you as Spotify songs can't be used on other platforms directly. Now, let's move on and learn how to fix this issue.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify in Pro Tools - Best Tool
To add Spotify to Pro Tools, the first thing is to make Spotify songs to be compatible with Pro Tools. We know that Spotify music tracks are protected and in special audio format. Thus, they can't be moved and used on other devices and platforms like Pro Tools and so on. So, to make it work, here we need to use the tool DRmare Spotify Music Converter.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is a smart computer program to help download and convert Spotify music into plain audio files. It can change Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3, FLAC, WAV and so on. So, you can then add Spotify to Pro Tools sand use Spotify in Pro Tools without any limit.
What's more, the DRmare Music Converter can save the original quality of Spotify songs after the conversion. That's to say, you don't need to worry about the output audio quality of the Spotify music you download. Besides, it lets you to reset the output audio parameters of Spotify music tracks you like, such as the audio channel, bit rate and so on.
After using this tool, you can then get the local audio files of Spotify songs and keep them on your computer forever. At last, you can transfer Spotify music to Pro Tools or other platforms for use without limits.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify to Pro Tools Supported Audio Format
Here in this section, let's go on to see how to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download and convert Spotify to Pro Tools allowed audio formats. It just needs three easy steps to complete. Now, follow the steps below and begin.
Note: To begin, please download and install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter and the latest Spotify app from Spotify official website on your computer.
- Step 1Put Spotify songs onto DRmare Music Converter
- On your computer, launch the installed DRmare Spotify Music Converter. At the same time, you can see the installed Spotify app opened also. Next, head to the Spotify app to search for the music tracks you want to download and convert for use on Pro Tools. Then drag and drop the songs from Spotify app to the main interface of the DRmare program.
- Also, the DRmare Music Converter supports to convert Spotify URI to MP3, etc. So, you can choose to load Spotify songs by copying the song's link address and then pasting it to the search box on DRmare program. Then click on the plus icon next to the box to start to import the song tracks to DRmare tool.
- Step 2Adjust audio settings for Spotify in Pro Tools
- Touch the menu icon on the top-right corner of DRmare program on your Windows computer. Or press on the 'DRmare Music Converter' from the top left side on your Mac system. Then choose the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option and you can start to reset the output audio parameters for Spotify in Pro Tools. You can change the Spotify music format to MP3, M4A and more you want. If you want to get a better output audio quality, you can customize the bit rate, audio channel, etc.
- Step 3Convert Spotify to Pro Tools supported audio files
Put the mouse on the 'Convert' button and press on it. Then DRmare Music Converter will start to convert and download Spotify music for Pro Tools. Once completed the conversion, you will find the converted Spotify songs on the 'Converted' icon. At last, you are ready to patch Spotify onto Pro Tools and use Spotify songs on other devices without any restriction.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify through Pro Tools
In this part, let's see how to add Spotify to Pro Tools for use as we had got the local Spotify music files. Just follow the detailed steps below and learn how to do that.
Way 1. Play Spotify through Pro Tools by Dragging
Step 1. Launch the Pro Tools program on your computer.
Step 2. Find and locate the converted Spotify music playlists on your computer.
Step 3. Choose the target song that you want to add to Pro Tools
Step 4. Drag and drop the selected song to the interface of the Pro Tools program.
After that, you can easily use Spotify in Pro Tools for audio recording and mixing as you want.
Way 2. Add Spotify to Pro Tools with Import Audio Commands
Step 1. Open the Pro Tools app from your computer.
Step 2. Hit on the 'Files' > 'Import' > 'Audio' options.
Step 3. Launch the 'Import Audio Dialogue' and then choose the Spotify song you want to import to Pro Tools.
Step 4. Touch on the 'Play' button to preview the song you want to add.
Step 5. Click on the 'Add' or 'Convert' option to add Spotify audio to the Import list.
Step 6. Press the 'Done' tab to complete the process to add Spotify to Pro Tools.
Part 4. Conclusion
At last, you had known how to use Spotify in Pro Tools step by step. With the DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you can easily convert Spotify music to local audio tracks and add Spotify to Pro Tools for use. Besides that, the converted Spotify music files can be transferred to other platforms and devices for use offline with ease.