How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3
Q: Can you download Spotify songs to MP3? I'd like to get rid of the bondage of the Spotify app while listening to music. It could be a nice option of getting MP3 files from Spotify so that I can play Spotify songs by using my favorite player on any device. But I can't think of a solution.
No matter which subscription you use to play songs on Spotify via the Spotify app, you can't download Spotify to MP3. Unless you draw support from the third-party tools.
If you are interested in this topic, then congratulations, you arrive right place. Today, we will share our successful experience of downloading songs from Spotify to MP3 in three ways.
Part 1. Why You Can't Download Spotify Songs to MP3 Directly
With over 200 million monthly active subscribers around the world, Spotify has been more and more popular among music addicts. As the well-deserved dominant king of streaming music services, it offers two tiers to access its music collection.
People who use the Spotify Free plan are able to enjoy music online. While Spotify Premium subscribers have the privilege of 'Offline Mode' to download Spotify songs offline. Yet songs you downloaded from Spotify are cache files encoded in Ogg Vorbis format. Why? It aims to avoid unauthorized sharing and protect the interests of artists and publishers.
Obviously, it's unfair for customers, who paid for it but can't play Spotify songs in their ways. It's worth mentioning that it's legal to download Spotify songs as other formats via recording technology. And then you can transfer them to your devices and players for personal use.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3 - Best Way
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is an easy-to-use yet professional Spotify downloader. It enables users to download music from Spotify offline by using free or premium accounts.
Aside from downloading music from Spotify to MP3, there are other five output audio formats for your choice to export Spotify songs. They are FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Different from traditional Spotify recorders, this Spotify music converter runs at 5X speed when downloading lossless Spotify songs. The following is the key features of this powerful software.
DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader
- Download Spotify songs, playlists, podcasts, etc. without recording
- Convert hundreds of Spotify songs to MP3 at 5X faster speed
- Keep 100% lossless quality in converted Spotify songs
- Play Spotify songs offline on all devices for free
How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3
As a desktop app, you can download DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your Mac or Windows computer. Here, we will take Spotify Music Converter for Mac as an example to show the user guide. Please make sure you have downloaded the Spotify desktop client on your computer as well.
- Step 1Drag or Copy Spotify songs to DRmare software
- There are 2 ways for users to import Spotify songs to download as MP3 files. If you have only several songs, you can directly drag them from the Spotify app and drop them to the main interface. If you have many Spotify songs to download, you can create a playlist for them. After that, please copy and paste the URL of this playlist to the search box. And then click the '+' button to load them together.
- Step 2Define Spotify songs output format as MP3
- To open the setting window, please click the 'DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac' > 'Preferences' option from the top-left corner of the Apple's menu bar. It will pop up a new window, in which please click the 'Convert' button to choose MP3 as the output format next to the 'Format' section. To make the listening experience better, you can also customize the bit rate as 320 kbps.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs to MP3
- To start the download process, please hit on the 'Convert' button at the main window. It will download all Spotify songs you added before to MP3 at 5X speed. You can click the 'History' > Search' icon or the 'Converted' button to find all Spotify downloads. They are encoded in MP3 format.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3 Free
The above method is simple to operate but requires you to purchase the full version of the DRmare Spotify Music Converter for $ 29.95. So that you can download the full Spotify songs. Otherwise, you can only download the first one-minute track of each file.
Therefore, is there any other way to download Spotify songs to MP3 for free? Fortunately, the answer is yes. ALLTOMP3 app is an open-source app for Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems, which enables you to get MP3 downloads from Spotify URL directly at no cost.
Download Spotify Songs to MP3 for Free
Step 1. Download the right version of this app according to your computer operating system.
Step 2. Open it from the computer desktop and copy the link of the Spotify song or playlist to paste it into the search box.
Step 3. Now, please click the 'Enter' tab on your keyboard to start the downloading process.
Part 4. How to Download Spotify Songs to MP3 Online
If you don't want to download extra software, which will take up space on your computer, you can try to use an online method. In fact, there are many online Spotify music downloaders that are able to download Spotify songs as MP3.
Here, we can meet the Spotify Deezer Music Downloader. It's a Chrome extension that is able to download music from Spotify, SoundCloud, and Deezer as MP3 online. So no need to download a third-party software but add the Chrome extension to your browser, you can download songs from Spotify to MP3 online.
Download Spotify Songs to MP3 Online
Step 1. Please add and install the Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader to your Google browser.
Step 2. Open this program, and the Spotify Web Player will be launched at the same time.
Step 3. Log in to your Spotify account with the username and password. Now, you can discover the songs that you'd like to download as MP3.
Step 4. There is a 'Download' button that enables you to download Spotify songs to MP3 free. Please click it.
Part 5. Bottom Line
There are 3 ways for you to download Spotify songs to MP3. As for which solution to choose finally, the ball still ends in your court regarding the functions that suit your requirement. After you locate the Spotify MP3 files on your computer, you can transfer them to the target devices and use any media player to listen to them without a problem.