"How to convert OGG to MP3 and Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3?" For music lovers, you should be familiar with kinds of different audio files like MP3, M4A, and so on. And you can convert them via free audio converters online from Google.
But do you know what is OGG, OGG Vorbis and MP3? And what are the differences between them? To help you, here we will introduce the difference between MP3 and OGG. Also, we will show how to convert OGG to MP3 and Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3. There are some tools here to help you. Just follow the guidance below and learn more.
Part 1. How to Convert OGG Vorbis to MP3 from Spotify - Best Way
OGG is patent-free and can be used for commercial. Because of that, Spotify uses it to store all its music files. For free registered users, they only can stream songs online with ads. For premium users, they can download up to 10,000 OGG Vorbis files on 5 devices.
But whether you pay for it or not, you can't move the songs outside of Spotify due to the protection. If you'd like to move Spotify songs to any other device for playback, you'd better convert OGG Vorbis to MP3.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is one of the outstanding OGG to MP3 converter which supports DRM Spotify songs. And you don't need a Spotify premium membership to convert any songs from Spotify. Besides, it has a list of shining features that you can't find from the OGG to MP3 online converter.
It can also convert Spotify songs to other plain audio formats. They are WAV, FLAC, M4B and more. So, you can then use Spotify music on any device you want. Besides, in DRmare program, you can alter the output parameters like channel and more. Then you will get a better listening experience of Spotify audio files on your device.
DRmare Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3 Converter
- Download all kinds of OGG tracks, albums, audiobooks, artists, playlists from Spotify
- Batch converts audio files with up to 5X converting speed while maintaining high quality
- Supports to convert Spotify to MP3 and other formats such as M4A, M4B, WAV, FLAC and more
- The converted files can be distributed to any mobile devices, portable players, speakers and so on
How to Convert Spotify OGG to MP3 by DRmare Music Converter
In this section, you will learn how to convert Spotify OGG Vorbis file to MP3 via DRmare Music Converter. To start, you need to download and install the DRmare program on your computer. Besides, install the Spotify app from its official website as well. After then, you can go ahead to the detailed tutorial below.
- Step 1Import the OGG Vorbis songs from Spotify to DRmare
- Open DRmare software, the Spotify app will be launched on your computer. You can drop & drop the Spotify OGG playlists, songs or albums to the DRmare main screen. Or copy the Spotify link as DRmare support to convert Spotify URI to MP3. And then paste it to the search box on DRmare. Next, press '+', DRmare will locate and add the OGG files from the Spotify server.
- Step 2Define Spotify OGG Vorbis file to MP3
- Depending on your need, you can choose the formats you want such as MP3, M4A, and more. MP3 is a popular format with universal support and is highly recommended. So, just choose to convert OGG Vorbis to MP3 from Spotify songs. By the way, you can change the sample rate and more as you want for the Spotify songs.
- Step 3Convert Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3
- At last, you can click 'Convert' to convert Spotify OGG to MP3 files. When it is done, you can use them for any purpose. You can find the downloaded OGG Vorbis to MP3 files via the 'converted' icon on DRmare. Then it will show you the target folder from your computer.
- Note: DRmare software is for personal use only. So please don't try to sell the converted songs for making money online. Besides, the free trial version can only convert 1/3 of the songs. If you want to convert entire song, you can buy a license.
- Video Tutorial How to Convert OGG Vorbis to MP3
- Here you can visit this video tutorial on how to convert Spotify OGG Vorbis file to MP3.
Part 2. How to Convert OGG to MP3 Free
If you have downloaded OGG songs that can't be played on your devices, just convert OGG to MP3. Here we will show some free OGG to MP3 converter to you. And we will guide you on how to convert from OGG to MP3 with them.
1. By VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player can be used as an OGG to MP3 converter free. It can convert OGG files to other plain audio formats. You just need to download the VLC program on your computer. Then follow the steps below and learn how to convert OGG audio to MP3.
Step 1. Launch the VLC player from your Mac computer.
Step 2. Click the 'Media' menu and then choose 'Convert/Save'.
Step 3. In the Open Media dialog window, you can click the 'Add' button. And then browse to import OGG files from your computer.
Step 4. Tap the 'Convert/Save' button and follow the screen wizard to choose the new output format MP3, folder, and so on.
Step 5. Click 'Start', it will process your audio files. Within a short while, all the OGG files will be converted to MP3.
2. By Audacity
You can also convert OGG audio to MP3 by Audacity. It is an open-source program that can help convert audio files to other audio formats. Here let's learn how to convert OGG to MP3 Audacity.
Step 1. Download, install and open the Audacity from your computer.
Step 2. Hit on the 'File' > 'Open' option to load your OGG audio files. Or you can drag and drop them into the Audacity interface.
Step 3. Edit the OGG files as you want. Then touch 'File' > 'Export' > 'Export as MP3'. And then choose 'MP3'.
Step 4. Press on 'Save' to convert OGG to MP3 free via Audacity.
3. By FFmpeg
FFmpeg is a great free tool for technicians. It can work on Windows, Mac and Linux computers. You can use it to download videos, convert videos and audios and so on. Here let's find out how to use it to convert OGG to MP3 free.
Step 1. Download and then install the FFmpeg program on your computer.
Step 2. Open a command-line prompt and type the commands. Then add the OGG files. To convert OGG to MP3, please type the codec: FFmpeg -I audio.ogg -a codec libMP3lame audio.MP3.
Step 3. Now, FFmpeg will start to convert OGG files to MP3 for you for free.
Part 3. How to Convert OGG to MP3 Online
In this part, you can convert OGG to MP3 online by using online converters such as CloudConvert and so on. Now, let's check out how to use CloudConvert to make it.
CloudConvert is an online audio format converter. It can be also used as an OGG to MP3 converter online. So, you can use it to convert your OGG files to MP3 with ease. It supports multiple output formats and input contents. You can use it to convert photos, eBooks and so on.
Step 1. Go to the CloudConvert official website. Then access the page for converting OGG to MP3.
Step 2. Press on the 'Select Files' tab to import your OGG files to it.
Step 3. Hit on 'Select Format' to choose the output audio format.
Step 4. Touch the 'Start Conversion' to begin to convert OGG to MP3 files.
Part 4. MP3 vs OGG: What Are the Differences
What Is MP3?
MP3 is short for MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3. Thompson Lultimedia and Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft develop it in the later 80's. As a lossy format, it can maintain high audio quality while keeping small sizes. It also can store audio offline and transfer them over the Internet. That is why it has become so popular and many companies have manufactured different devices for such audio files. You can hardly find a media player which doesn't support MP3.
What Is OGG?
OGG or OGG Vorbis is developed by Xiph.org. It is another compressed audio format with a higher compression rate and codec efficiency. So the same quality OGG file will be smaller than an MP3 file. Although it is not as popular as MP3, it is still supported by a list of players like VLC, and so on. Yet, OGG is patent-free. Many commercial streaming platforms such as Spotify use the OGG format to store their music files.
Verdict: OGG vs MP3
Both are common audio formats with small sizes. But which to choose? Please refer to the main difference between OGG and MP3 below.
1. A file with an OGG extension will be smaller than the same file in MP3 format.
2. OGG is open-source while MP3 is a proprietary media encoding format constrained by patents. You can use OGG to attach any strings you want.
3. MP3 has a constant bit rate while OGG doesn't. Its bit rate varies depending on need.
4. MP3 is still more commonly used than OGG. So, you can convert OGG to MP3 or convert Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3 for use on any device. To do that, you can use the tools mentioned above. If you want to get high quality, then choose DRmare Music Converter. It is the best choice for you here.